shape
carat
color
clarity

Engravings inside the ring

sabinameister

Shiny_Rock
Let’s share our special engravings inside our rings!
Mine says DUZO. It’s Polish for “a lot”. My husband and I say and tex that to each other as an I love you instead of I love you a lot. IMG_5385.jpeg

Ours have each other's first name (mine has hers; hers has mine) and our wedding date. It was a spur-of-the-moment thing ("Yooze guys wanna engrave anything or what?"). In our $99 (!) 14K YG plain bands. I like that it's there altho' it's getting hard to read...

I wanted to share one other detail of my ring, the inscription. I’m a 90s kid and of course, Friends was a huge presence in pop culture during my formative years. There is an episode where Monica gets sick and keeps trying to seduce Chandler to prove she is still healthy. She claims she is in the “prime of life” and Chandler teases her because her stuffy nose makes her say it like “prime of lime”. It’s become an inside joke for my husband and I — every time we find life hard because of health challenges or hard times we both laugh about how we’re in the “prime of lime”. This sentiment also captures how I feel about my promotion, when I’m feeling cynical.

RIP Matthew Perry.

IMG_1446.jpeg

I forgot to add my hunny’s ring to show his DUZO. IMG_4441.jpeg

We have
"Let's grow old together" + wedding date in our wedding rings
And
"This old love" in my eternity ring
Both lines from a song by Lior

My husband gifted me a 1ct oval untreated hot pink sapphire set in a plain platinum ring when our first daughter was born. It has her name & DOB engraved inside. She’s 15 now & keeps asking if she can have it soon (we already share a ring size) !

We have each other’s initials and our wedding date on our original wedding bands, we don’t wear them any more, have replaced them.

I have Hozier lyrics in mine. Work Song lyrics in my e-ring, and Francesca lyrics in my w-band

My husband gifted me a 1ct oval untreated hot pink sapphire set in a plain platinum ring when our first daughter was born. It has her name & DOB engraved inside. She’s 15 now & keeps asking if she can have it soon (we already share a ring size) !

Maybe for her 16th birthday? My dad got me an Art Deco diamond ring for my 16th and I still cherish it today!

Maybe for her 16th birthday? My dad got me an Art Deco diamond ring for my 16th and I still cherish it today!

She’s already suggested it - March next year :lol-2:

My sapphire ring has "Blue to Blue," a phrase from an Emily Dickinson poem. Here's the relevant stanza from the poem:

The Brain is deeper than the sea—
For—hold them—Blue to Blue—
The one the other will absorb—
As sponges—Buckets—do—

(The engravings in our wedding rings are too private to share.)

We each have part of Psalms 143:8:
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you l entrust my life.

So he has: for I have put my trust in you

And I have: for to you I entrust my life

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP