shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity band: Blue Nile Floating / Single Prong style

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, all - I’ve been searching and changing my mind about eternity bands for the past year. I’m ecstatic that I’ve finally found one I absolutely love! I don’t know why I never tried a single prong band before, but I really love it.
91056FCF-07DD-43EE-B62F-9640951F964F.jpeg
CCBB0E1B-D816-4522-934E-7D8DA9F10BD2.jpegC19A21C1-FFF3-4AC4-9EBD-58E44DA6D781.jpeg

After trying on the half eternity versions at a local store, I started looking online and noticed Blue Nile has a different setting style / profile view that I really like the looks of, and I think it will go better with my solitaire.
F4B6D84E-EA7D-43FF-BBFE-D52F0D0287DE.jpeg

I wanted to see who here has this band and what size stones you have, how much do you love it, anything else I should consider ? I tried on 6 pointers and I think 10 pointers… I’m kind of thinking I want to go in between those sizes, like 8 pointers, so I will probably go custom.

Thank you!!

Attachments

• 97D2FCCD-9081-4FB5-AA54-58306C73DF54.jpeg
    97D2FCCD-9081-4FB5-AA54-58306C73DF54.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 45
I've never seen a setting like that before. I love it! Good luck!

Last edited:
I love this band! I've seen it on BN but I have not purchased. I think it will look stunning on you! You could order a stock size and see what you think of the setting before going custom, just a thought. I adore the band.

I love this band! I've seen it on BN but I have not purchased. I think it will look stunning on you! You could order a stock size and see what you think of the setting before going custom, just a thought. I adore the band.

I took your advice and ordered one! I'll post photos when it arrives

I’m so glad I ordered the BN band to try - unfortunately I’ve ruled it out!

It’s absolutely lovely, great looking stones in this one, and I wish it could work… but the setting is just too bulky / thick with my solitaire. I was afraid of that, I know I want very low profile so the profile of my solitaire isn’t covered up by the band (this is 2.4mm high).
631A9D5F-448D-4BE9-8D38-C9DF186ADC40.jpeg0442B77F-D476-448E-9FC9-6BCCF09D3F10.jpegEE128737-38C2-4153-84FC-ADB2DB4AFBC8.jpegC704A5A7-B8A2-47CB-BE9B-40D23C1BE5A4.jpeg

Also the scalloped effect that I like so much with the regular single prong I tried first isn’t quite as noticeable - maybe there’s less spacing between the stones, or maybe that metal underneath or inverted V design on the sides takes away from that very rounded edge shape.

8275C318-C24D-4721-8DE5-F59451820BB7.jpeg
CFFE4E56-6E9E-4999-8B53-959B7085F3E2.jpeg
I will be going custom and I wish I could figure out some way to add a bit of special visual interest like the BN one has. Open to ideas!

I’m so glad I ordered the BN band to try - unfortunately I’ve ruled it out!

It’s absolutely lovely, great looking stones in this one, and I wish it could work… but the setting is just too bulky / thick with my solitaire. I was afraid of that, I know I want very low profile so the profile of my solitaire isn’t covered up by the band (this is 2.4mm high).
631A9D5F-448D-4BE9-8D38-C9DF186ADC40.jpeg0442B77F-D476-448E-9FC9-6BCCF09D3F10.jpegEE128737-38C2-4153-84FC-ADB2DB4AFBC8.jpegC704A5A7-B8A2-47CB-BE9B-40D23C1BE5A4.jpeg

Also the scalloped effect that I like so much with the regular single prong I tried first isn’t quite as noticeable - maybe there’s less spacing between the stones, or maybe that metal underneath or inverted V design on the sides takes away from that very rounded edge shape.

8275C318-C24D-4721-8DE5-F59451820BB7.jpeg
CFFE4E56-6E9E-4999-8B53-959B7085F3E2.jpeg
I will be going custom and I wish I could figure out some way to add a bit of special visual interest like the BN one has. Open to ideas!

I don't have any great ideas, but I love the profile/basket work on this eternity! Maybe they could make it sit a little lower by tweaking the thickness of the bottom of the basket design?

Wow that was quick! I'm sorry it didn't work out. I like the heights of my bands to be the same too. What about bead set eternity?

I don't have any great ideas, but I love the profile/basket work on this eternity! Maybe they could make it sit a little lower by tweaking the thickness of the bottom of the basket design?

I wondered the same. I’ll see what DK thinks

Wow that was quick! I'm sorry it didn't work out. I like the heights of my bands to be the same too. What about bead set eternity?

I know, so fast! Thank you. And wow - Bead set was my latest top choice ! Before I saw and tried on the single prong. But I’ve been looking everywhere for so long, and for some reason I haven’t found one I want yet (the B&M stores I’ve been to haven’t had any at all). And I haven’t determined exactly what I’d request with a custom one, other than somewhere around 2.7 to 3mm wide with 2mm high profile.

All of the photos of bead set bands I’ve fallen in love with online are antique, with very worn down prongs and warm stones / old cuts (which I don’t think will work with my E color solitaire). The Tiffany legacy is close, but I don’t want milgrain. Bead set is still on my wish list but for now I’ll probably go with the simple single prong.

Your dream eternity sounds gorgeous and I know you'll find it! I'll share my bead set eternity by Leon. This was originally @mrs-b eternity ring and I am soo grateful she passed it along to me. I believe it's about 3 mm wide and height off finger 1.7mm. My ering is 2.4mm wide and 1.8mm off of finger. If I make another ring, I'll have it match the eternity perfectly but for now it's a really beautiful set. 836300815608
I don't like to feel any prongs between fingers and I believe channel, rail and bead set are options that might be low set and super comfortable. Comfort is most important!! This is fun. It took me a while to find the right eternity. I just didn't think I'd be lucky enough to have Leon! Maybe checking with DK or LM to create your perfect eternity!
PS please excuse the diamond, it truly is gorgeous when cleaned! It had just been a while lol.

Your dream eternity sounds gorgeous and I know you'll find it! I'll share my bead set eternity by Leon. This was originally @mrs-b eternity ring and I am soo grateful she passed it along to me. I believe it's about 3 mm wide and height off finger 1.7mm. My ering is 2.4mm wide and 1.8mm off of finger. If I make another ring, I'll have it match the eternity perfectly but for now it's a really beautiful set. 20210603_211801.jpg20210219_142813.jpg
I don't like to feel any prongs between fingers and I believe channel, rail and bead set are options that might be low set and super comfortable. Comfort is most important!! This is fun. It took me a while to find the right eternity. I just didn't think I'd be lucky enough to have Leon! Maybe checking with DK or LM to create your perfect eternity!
PS please excuse the diamond, it truly is gorgeous when cleaned! It had just been a while lol.
So beautiful!! I’m the same about comfort. It took me several try ons to figure that out. I almost just went for it with a custom shared prong eternity just because I love how it looks, but I realized just in time it was going to be too thick to be comfortable for me. I’m so glad I backed out of that plan

I really like the setting of your solitaire! Where is it from?

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP