shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity bands & a couple other questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jarsie

Rough_Rock

So I am on my quest to find my new solitaire ring.

21.gif

I was at Jareds trying to see what kind of band I liked, look and feel.

I like the Tiffany style band... they said this was the 2mm size. I also like eternity band diamond wedding ring...

So my questions are about eternity band:
1: does anyone have one?
2: where did you get it ?
3: any strong disadvantages to having this style of ring like resizing? (I haven''t had kids yet, so that I''m a little worried about.)
4: what kind of metal do you have? I am still leaning towards platinum bands just so I don''t have to worry about anything?
5: did or would you get the band soldered to the engagement ring. I ask this because I have done this to my original wedding ring set.
And about the engagement setting: are there any bands I should possibly look into if I like the Tiffany style setting?

Thanks for the info!

I think you will find that there are literally thousands of eternity bands on this board and places where people got them. One popular place though is the Facets Collection. They are a PS vendor and have great prices.

Most eternity bands can't really be sized, so it is a risk you take when you buy one. Occasionally you can have sizing balls put in to make it a bit smaller or shaved to make it a bit bigger, but I wouldn't count on it as it entirely depends on the band. Half eternities are good choices for these reasons.

Most of us don't get the bands soldered together because we like to be able to wear the band separately.

I like platinum because of the easy care and also depending on what type you like the fact that the prongs bend instead of snap like gold can, so it holds the diamonds better if it gets banged around.

1. here is a good thread on eternity bands.

2. You can get one thefacetscollection.com or WF could make you one

3. I don''t think you can size one down but i think you can up a little, maybe someone else can confirm......

4. don''t have eternity band but i would get plat

5. I would not solder my rings and especially not an eternity band

Best Tiff settings:
I think this one is closest to tiffs

and this one by WF

Whiteflash makes a 3/4 eternity band which allows for sizing should you need it.

I''d never get my rings soldered together. I like to wear my band alone at times. I''ve heard a number of ladies regret they soldered theirs together (made them look too clunky).

that is good advice from all the previous posters.

Re. sizing: other options you might want to consider are:

a) if you go for a custom-made ring, you can ask for the diamonds to be nearly all the way round with just a small gap (e.g. 2-5 mm) to allow re-sizing in future. This is a popular option that most of my clients choose.

b) or if you go for the full-eternity band: you can have that made a little larger than your engagement ring - that way you have room to grow into

Thanks for all of the info.

The only reason I soldered my wedding band to my e-ring is because I lost them at one point & they twisted and drove me mad..

I was at a pool party, I really should have removed my jewelry but I did not.

While playing water volleyball, I look down and see that I have no rings on my finger.

We started looking in the pool and was not able to locate any rings. I was so upset I cried in my sleep, so said my husband.

I did have insurance, but I also didn''t want to file the claim. My husband went back over to my friends house and found that she had found my e-ring. Then later she found my wedding ring. I was so very thankful. Apparently, I lost my wedding ring and e-ring in a flower bed.

My fingers were wet and they fell off. The next day, I had them soldered.

This next set, I probably will not, just so I have the ability to take off the solitaire. I normally don''t wear jewelry if I am playing softball or anything where the likelihood of damage increases.

I may just have to get a plain band, I do want a eternity band, but I definitely want platinum so the price may be a factor.

I love the Tiffany setting that excel diamonds has. Has anyone purchased diamonds from them?
This one looks pretty nice...

i also wanted an eternity band, but decided to just do 2/3 way in case of resizing and other issues. i went with whiteflash to customize my rings (both the wedding and the engagement rings). my rings are 2.5mm width channel set and sit flush together. whiteflash recommended platinum over palladium and i am happy with their suggestion.

the rings look more beautiful in person than the pictures. whiteflash did a great job!!!

lkber.jpg

here''s my e-ring picture. i modeled it after tiffany style 6 prong head (whiteflash calls it knife edge). the head is really fluid and delicate and the prongs are almost invisible in person, hence making the center diamond look bigger.

lkbwb.jpg

Definitely recommend the 3/4 eternity.

If you''re concerned about spinning, maybe you could have a ring made with a Euro (or European or Square) shank.

Elmorton:
I''m not so concerned that I would wear the euro style. I didn''t like how it felt.

lovingmylife:
are there diamonds around the whole band on the eternity band? I am also looking at whiteflash since they are in TX and it would be possible to drive down there... :)

It looks like I will look into something with diamonds on most sides.

I have never had to size my rings even when I was on the heavy side (Ive lost weight, yea!), so I don''t think I gain much in my hands.. but what happens when I get arthritis in my hands?? I think I will want to be able to size it.

They just sure are pretty when the band is all the way around.. but I don''t think it will be practical.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP