shape
carat
color
clarity

eternity bands

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

msprowitz

Rough_Rock
Hello...I am new to the board and I am wanting a shared prong eternity band to add to my collection of stacking bands. I wanted to know if any of you were familiar with Unique Settings of New York? They have two bands on thier website that I like..the classic shared prong and the open gallery shared prong. I want the rb 2.86 in platinum.

Thank you
19.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I have a setting from them. You need to go through a jeweler to get them. Nice, but not the nicest stones ever. I''d check out Facets Collection first...

msprowitz

Rough_Rock
thank you!!! that helped...do u know about Excel?? they have quoted me $2000 less than Signed Pieces for the same ring,specs,etc...

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
A couple of years ago I had a friend who went to excel for her eternity band. She chose them AFTER I directed her to Pricescope and getting quotes from a few vendors.

They apparently had the best price. The ring was made and it is a gorgoues band, but when she had it appraised, the stones came in lower color/clarity then what she thought they were. Her tcw is about 3cts.

She's not the type to make a fuss, and the band, like i already said, is beautiful so she let it go. Bottom line, you get what you pay for.

msprowitz

Rough_Rock
wow
8.gif
do u remember what she was sold vs what she got? I want G vs and if I get diamonds that are h si I would be really upset.....

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 3:19:06 PM
Author: msprowitz
wow
8.gif
do u remember what she was sold vs what she got? I want G vs and if I get diamonds that are h si I would be really upset.....
Her stones are G/H maybe I's (she wanted colorless)? Don't remember. I do remember that she wanted "pure" stones- VVS, but she got a few SI's in the mix.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d also be sure that you are comparing apples to apples with regards to cut. Facets/Signed Pieces uses only ideal/premium cut diamonds and it shows. Their eternity bands sparkle beautifully. Even though the color and clarity will be the same, I''d want to be assured that you are receiving the best CUT possible with excel too.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Just to clarify, I''m not saying exel is bad- and color and clairty are opinions so who really knows since the stones were already mounted in the ring. I just thought VVS to SI well, that''s a stretch.

BUT like i''ve already said, her band is gorgeous.

msprowitz

Rough_Rock
i got quotes from SP 6100-- WF-5100--and Excel 4100...i am puzzled because they are all *supposed* to be apples to apples. From what your telling me some use better cut stones than others. It is so hard for me because i would have to purchase it sight unseen.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 4:35:50 PM
i got quotes from SP 6100-- WF-5100--and Excel 4100...i am puzzled because they are all *supposed* to be apples to apples. From what your telling me some use better cut stones than others. It is so hard for me because i would have to purchase it sight unseen.

WF uses beautiful stones usually, so I wouldn''t be worried about that one. I would be slightly hesitant about the excel one since it is SO much lower in price and we haven''t really seen their work much...

msprowitz

Rough_Rock
I am wondering if Excel prices are reflecting the drop in platinum prices and the rest are just trying to make extra $$. The excel ring worries me because they only offer a 70% refund if u aren''t happy.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 5:37:09 PM
I am wondering if Excel prices are reflecting the drop in platinum prices and the rest are just trying to make extra $$. The excel ring worries me because they only offer a 70% refund if u aren''t happy.

I''d want to see examples of their work and hear what their definition of "well cut" stones are. WF usually are very fair in their prices, so I don''t think they are trying to rip you off.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results