shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity Engagement Setting AND Wedding Band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bling!

Rough_Rock
I''m considering a shared prong eternity (or half eternity) setting for my engagement ring, and wanted to see if anyone here has this type of setting PLUS a shared prong eternity (or half) wedding band. Personally I think you can never have too much sparkle
31.gif
but my boyfriend thinks it might be overkill and prefers the look of a solitaire setting w/the shared prong eternity wedding band.

I am looking at a 1.5 ct round stone, and I would want THIN bands with small diamonds... I like sparkle but don''t want bulk. If you have pics or opinions, please share!

Hi bling,

I have a shared prong eternity setting for my e-ring and my center is an RB as well and it is 2.00cts so I think what you want to do will look fine.
I love my setting to death and I plan on getting 2 shared prong eternity bands as my w-bands when I marry next year and I don''t think it is too much.
There are lots of other PS girls who also have the same or similar settings.

I''m sure they will chime in eventually.
You also said you want really thin bands so I don''t think it would be over the top. The band on my e-ring and the bands I am getting for my w-bands are actually not that thin and I am still going with them. I think it looks really pretty but that''s just MHO. I am a bit biased though b/c eternity bands and eternity setting are my dream setting for an e-ring and my dream type of wedding band.

Off the top of my head PSers LynnB and Mara have sets that are right down the alley of what you are thinking of for your set you should take a look at pics of their rings.

Mara and LynnB I hope you don''t mind that I directed someone to your lovely baubles?

here''s my set. each band is 2.1mm.

i forgot to attach it. my center stone is 1.58.

IMG_3878_edited-1.jpg

Heh - I was right - you can never have too much sparkle! That''s a gorgeous set!
1.gif

Hi,
Here is the eternity engagement and wedding band set that I have from Facets...

http://thefacetscollection.com/img/items/15498.jpg

Each band is about 1 ct and about 2.4mm wide each per the website (but they measure 2mm on my ruler). My center stone is exacty 1 ct.

I love love love the sparkle and would choose an eternity setting again, but I do baby my rings because I worry I''ll bump them or press the bottom of the rings into something and damage them.

I also purchased a 2mm spacer band to put between the bands so the girdles don''t damage each other...not that I''m supposed to be wearing the wedding band yet as I''m still engaged
28.gif

i originally wanted shared prong eternity band, but everyone i talked to said that they hurt your hand. Lots of people have them, so it can''t be that bad, but def. try one on in real life before you decide.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP