shape
carat
color
clarity

Experience with James Allen?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rocks&purses

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I always read about GOG and Whiteflash here. I''ve never had any dealings with GOG but have had great experiences with Whiteflash so far. However, at this point, neither one has what I''m looking for but James Allen does. Can you please share your experiences with JA?

Thanks so much.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/7/2008 10:44:00 AM
Author:rocks&purses
Hi Everyone,

I always read about GOG and Whiteflash here. I''ve never had any dealings with GOG but have had great experiences with Whiteflash so far. However, at this point, neither one has what I''m looking for but James Allen does. Can you please share your experiences with JA?

Thanks so much.
I haven''t personally purchased from JA, but I can tell you they have a good and solid rep here!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
JA has a very good rep here. I think many people prefer to buy from WF and GOG because their upgrade policies are better and there is less burden on the buyer to seek out a well cut stone as JA stocks a much wider range of cut qualities.

But they are a solid company, so no worries if they are the ones who have what you want!

rocks&purses

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Neatfreak and Lorelei. I always try to look at Whiteflash and GOG first. I saw one potential one at Whiteflash and then found one at JA ( a little smaller but better stone overall, I believe). I have to reread and compare all of their upgrade policies. It seems JA has a nice upgrade policy too but will have to read everyone''s thoroughly.

Thanks so much for the quick response.

rocks&purses

Shiny_Rock
Hhmmnn...I just looked at JA''s upgrade policy again and it says the upgrade diamond must be "2x or greater on value". That''s a little steep, IMO. Whiteflash does not specify a dollar value, it only says "trade up for one of greater value". This sounds definitely more reasonable. GOG has the same policy and even better, they have a price match policy. Maybe I should wait...

Thanks again! I love this forum
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/7/2008 11:21:45 AM
Author: rocks&purses
Hhmmnn...I just looked at JA''s upgrade policy again and it says the upgrade diamond must be ''2x or greater on value''. That''s a little steep, IMO. Whiteflash does not specify a dollar value, it only says ''trade up for one of greater value''. This sounds definitely more reasonable. GOG has the same policy and even better, they have a price match policy. Maybe I should wait...

36.gif
You could always contact WF or GOG and ask them to keep an eye out for what you want!

And you are most welcome!
35.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hhmmnn...I just looked at JA's upgrade policy again and it says the upgrade diamond must be '2x or greater on value'. That's a little steep, IMO. Whiteflash does not specify a dollar value, it only says 'trade up for one of greater value'. This sounds definitely more reasonable. GOG has the same policy and even better, they have a price match policy. Maybe I should wait...

36.gif

Yeah, that's what I meant about it being worse than GOG's and WF's. What are you looking for? We can try and help you find it.

rocks&purses

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again, Lorelei and Neatfreak. I actually just sent GOG an email. They have a price match policy while WF does not
7.gif
This has been quite a while in the making. I''ve been looking at around 1.6ish carat in round and for the past year. It''s so sad to see the prices keep going up
8.gif
. Stones that are less than 1.5 seem more reasonably priced so I am now looking at stones under 1.5. I am not too color sensitive and as long as it''s sparkly and eye clean, I''d be happy.

Thanks so much.

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Hhmmnn...I just looked at JA''s upgrade policy again and it says the upgrade diamond must be ''2x or greater on value''. That''s a little steep, IMO. Whiteflash does not specify a dollar value, it only says ''trade up for one of greater value''. This sounds definitely more reasonable. GOG has the same policy and even better, they have a price match policy. Maybe I should wait...

36.gif

2 x''s??? It didn''t register to me that it had to be double the cost of the diamond. I was just thinking it was 1x the cost. Hmmmmmmm....

rocks&purses

Shiny_Rock
Hi Miss Fortune,

It is pretty steep. Did you purchase your stone from JA?

Thanks.

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/7/2008 7:43:25 PM
Hi Miss Fortune,

It is pretty steep. Did you purchase your stone from JA?

Thanks.

Not my original stone which I still have but I''m looking for an upgrade. I am looking at JA and union diamond but hoping that GOG can find me the perfect one!

rocks&purses

Shiny_Rock
Good luck with the search!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I got my e-ring from JA, and I couldn''t have been more pleased with the ring or the service.

mrsparkles

Rough_Rock
I''m in the same boat. I am debating whether to get a Hearts on Fire from a local jeweler (because I like supporting local business), or ordering a less expensive, similar style from JA for half as much.

I already bought my loose diamond and will just buy the band, however they charge a 15% restock fee if you don''t buy the center stone from them. Also, I worry about the diamond not fitting very well in the crown.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results