shape
carat
color
clarity

Expert Opinions on 2.03 round cut

RDG238

Rough_Rock
Hi all -

Awhile back this community helped me narrow down choices of diamonds and we settled on bringing this one to see in person. I recall someone recommended a few other experts to review the information but the thread lost a little traction.

Can you experts take another look and point of the strengths and potential weaknesses? We understand the D, FL is not really needed but we are able to get and do like those aspects. We are more interested in the light performance and cut, especially the fire, we like the fire!

This has HCA of 0.7 with light return, fire, scintillation of excellent and spread of very good.

It appears most geometry is within the community tolerances except the star with is only 45 ---- I am wondering if that might reduce the fire.

Here are links to images, videos and GIA spec.

Would really be interested in your expert opinions!

Meanwhile, we are working on the simple, solitaire with hidden halo setting. Looks like it is going to a 1.5-1.8mm white gold or platinum. I have another thread on that topic with a sample picture.

Here are the links to videos, hearts, arrows, ideal scope, cert and other info. I also purchased a H&A viewer and Ideal Scope and took some pics and video but they dont really show any additional information, especially with my weak camera/scope skills! :)

Thank you in advance!

It looks like a solid choice--well done!

i remember this one.... it's a type IIa
also i would vote Platinum.....

1727822154412.png

1727822095941.png

Thanks!

I’m trying to understand the cut a little better, I know all of the parameters work in conjunction with each other. I saw another diamond in person which seemed to have more fire, but it had light loss under the table.

This one doesn’t have quite as much fire and I’m wondering if it is because of the 45 star length or the cut geometry or maybe it’s because it is not losing any light and therefore the white light is overpowering the fire aspects when it reaches our eyes.

When I look on this chart, it appears this might be more bright, less contrast and less fire, but not completely, am I interpreting that correctly?

Any other thoughts?

IMG_0418.png

Given the star of 45, table of 56, CA 34.5, PA of 40.6 and the other dimensions, would you expect this to be neutral, fire or bright balanced? Just trying to understand the tables above versus what I see with my eye.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP