shape
carat
color
clarity

Fantastic Experience with Wink Jones at Winfields

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

h_dog2

Rough_Rock
I thought I would take this time to post and tell everyone about my absolutely fantastic experience I had when dealing with Mr Wink Jones at Winfields as well as John Pollard and Paul Slegers at Crafted By Infinity Diamonds.

I started out in my search for an engagement ring back in August, I was really unsure of exactly what I wanted. After getting many helpful tips from the good people here at Pricescope, I started searching for various diamonds and finally narrowed down my search to a 1.20-1.25ct, F-G, VS1-VS2 diamond.

After going through the many search engines Pricescope has on its website and going through other resources (local newspapers/ads), I had finally narrowed down the diamond I wanted to a handful of possibilities – many of which I posted and got good advice from everyone here. Wink was very helpful to me on the diamonds I had posted on PS and was not pushy at all for me to buy a diamond from him.

I found a Crafted By Infinity diamond Wink had on his website at http://www.winkjones.com/ and started to ask him many questions about it, and also the kind PS members. Wink was extremely helpful to me in explaining the many questions I had regarding his inventory of diamonds, but the one thing I found very impressive was the fact that Winfields and Crafted By Infinity basically provides on their website (http://www.craftedbyinfinity.com) all the information I needed to make a knowledgeable decision on the diamonds I was looking at.

As many people are aware, the cut makes so much of a difference, but even if you think you have a good cut, needing other information, like the Idealscope Image is also very important. This information is not always available from other dealers - as I found out first hand. The fact that Wink and the Crafted By Infinity Diamonds people have no problem posting all this information made a huge difference to me. Some of you posters will know what I mean, you will post a diamond, and after the cut has been ok’d, the next question from the experienced people will be for an Idealscope image.

Once I had narrowed down the two rings I wanted, I started to get into the specifics and details of each company selling the diamonds. Wink was very straight forward, never pressured me at all, explained in detail to me the diamond in question, and further explained to me the advantages of purchasing through Winfields. Plus unlike the many other companies I was dealing with, was always answering my questions in a very timely manner. I had also planned to visit a few cities for holidays, and Wink even offered (at no charge) to ship it to a dealer in that city for me to view.

The things that stood out for me with the purchase of my diamond (and ring) by Crafted By Infinity Diamond through Winfields (Wink Jones) was that they provided me, at no additional cost:

1. Free insurance coverage for the ring (mounting and diamond) for a full year (which depending on your diamond ring, could range from $100/$200+ per year)
2. Lifetime trade-up/upgrade through Winfields, I would get full value credit for the purchase of another ring.
3. 80% buy back policy, if for some reason, I want to return the ring, I would be guaranteed 80% for what I paid for the diamond.
4. Free shipping (be careful, it’s sometimes not obvious but some companies will not pay for shipping).
5. Certificate of appraisal (some places will charge for that).

Wink and his staff were very helpful and were always communicating with me during and after the purchase of the ring, even once my ring was delivered, they made sure to contact me on how things went.

Once I received the ring, I was totally impressed with the quality of the ring, even the setting that Wink made for me was of great workmanship. I was not disappointed at all and I am sure my girlfriend/fiancée won’t be either! I'm sure we will be contacting Wink when it comes time to purchase our wedding bands, as well as a ring for myself!!

I know telling people that I purchased a ring sight unseen, they always have concerns, from first hand experience, I was very happy and not disappointed at all, and it actually exceeded my expectations. The fact that I bought an AGS certified diamond, I knew exactly what I was getting (plus I think the AGS certificate number is engraved on the diamond - haven't actually tried looking yet!), and was explained thoroughly on what I was buying - I was even more comfortable buying it from Wink rather than anyone else. Plus with all the "extras" that they provided me upon purchase, as mentioned above, I was very impressed.

Attached is the video Wink sent me regarding my ring. I also bought the diamond/jewelry cleaner from him, and Wink also has an online video (on YouTube) showing how to use it properly.

http://www.vidmails.com/playback.php?t=MjI0MDk4OTIxNzEyNzUyNjM3NjQ4OQ==
(hopefully the link works, if not copy and paste it, as the last two equal signs seems to be throwing off the link, last I looked it was working after I did a "copy" and "paste" of the link, make sure you include the two equal signs).

Thanks Wink Jones and your staff, as well as Crafted By Infinity (John Pollard and Paul Slegers) for providing me with an outstanding engagement ring, my girlfriend will be absolutely ecstatic when I finally give it to her!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm.. the website says the linked video is deleted??

h_dog2

Rough_Rock
You have to copy and paste the whole link including the two equal signs at the end..... it will work, try it again!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2008 6:15:39 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
Hmm.. the website says the linked video is deleted??
add the == to the end and the link works....

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
ya, did try that just after I posted and it works. Beautiful ring you got there. When will your girlfriend get it and we have a hand shot of that ring?

I also bought a stone from Wink but still with him for safe keeping until the time to mount it and ask my girl. So have yet to personally see my stone. :p

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the ring and diamond congrates!!!!!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great job! Wink always seems so wonderful in his posts here, I am not surprised that you had such a great experience!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to you & your future fiancee.

Wink is a total sweetiepie.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/4/2008 6:52:56 PM
Author: glitterata
Congratulations to you & your future fiancee.

Wink is a total sweetiepie.
Thank you all for your kind words.

I believe this will work for the link, if not I will go get one generated by the system that I know will work.

video

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/4/2008 6:09:19 PM
Author:h_dog2

I thought I would take this time to post and tell everyone about my absolutely fantastic experience I had when dealing with Mr Wink Jones at Winfields as well as John Pollard and Paul Slegers at Crafted By Infinity Diamonds.

I started out in my search for an engagement ring back in August, I was really unsure of exactly what I wanted. After getting many helpful tips from the good people here at Pricescope, I started searching for various diamonds and finally narrowed down my search to a 1.20-1.25ct, F-G, VS1-VS2 diamond.

After going through the many search engines Pricescope has on its website and going through other resources (local newspapers/ads), I had finally narrowed down the diamond I wanted to a handful of possibilities – many of which I posted and got good advice from everyone here. Wink was very helpful to me on the diamonds I had posted on PS and was not pushy at all for me to buy a diamond from him.

I found a Crafted By Infinity diamond Wink had on his website at http://www.winkjones.com/ and started to ask him many questions about it, and also the kind PS members. Wink was extremely helpful to me in explaining the many questions I had regarding his inventory of diamonds, but the one thing I found very impressive was the fact that Winfields and Crafted By Infinity basically provides on their website (http://www.craftedbyinfinity.com) all the information I needed to make a knowledgeable decision on the diamonds I was looking at.

As many people are aware, the cut makes so much of a difference, but even if you think you have a good cut, needing other information, like the Idealscope Image is also very important. This information is not always available from other dealers - as I found out first hand. The fact that Wink and the Crafted By Infinity Diamonds people have no problem posting all this information made a huge difference to me. Some of you posters will know what I mean, you will post a diamond, and after the cut has been ok’d, the next question from the experienced people will be for an Idealscope image.

Once I had narrowed down the two rings I wanted, I started to get into the specifics and details of each company selling the diamonds. Wink was very straight forward, never pressured me at all, explained in detail to me the diamond in question, and further explained to me the advantages of purchasing through Winfields. Plus unlike the many other companies I was dealing with, was always answering my questions in a very timely manner. I had also planned to visit a few cities for holidays, and Wink even offered (at no charge) to ship it to a dealer in that city for me to view.

The things that stood out for me with the purchase of my diamond (and ring) by Crafted By Infinity Diamond through Winfields (Wink Jones) was that they provided me, at no additional cost:

1. Free insurance coverage for the ring (mounting and diamond) for a full year (which depending on your diamond ring, could range from $100/$200+ per year)
2. Lifetime trade-up/upgrade through Winfields, I would get full value credit for the purchase of another ring.
3. 80% buy back policy, if for some reason, I want to return the ring, I would be guaranteed 80% for what I paid for the diamond.
4. Free shipping (be careful, it’s sometimes not obvious but some companies will not pay for shipping).
5. Certificate of appraisal (some places will charge for that).

Wink and his staff were very helpful and were always communicating with me during and after the purchase of the ring, even once my ring was delivered, they made sure to contact me on how things went.

Once I received the ring, I was totally impressed with the quality of the ring, even the setting that Wink made for me was of great workmanship. I was not disappointed at all and I am sure my girlfriend/fiancée won’t be either! I''m sure we will be contacting Wink when it comes time to purchase our wedding bands, as well as a ring for myself!!

I know telling people that I purchased a ring sight unseen, they always have concerns, from first hand experience, I was very happy and not disappointed at all, and it actually exceeded my expectations. The fact that I bought an AGS certified diamond, I knew exactly what I was getting (plus I think the AGS certificate number is engraved on the diamond - haven''t actually tried looking yet!), and was explained thoroughly on what I was buying - I was even more comfortable buying it from Wink rather than anyone else. Plus with all the ''extras'' that they provided me upon purchase, as mentioned above, I was very impressed.

Attached is the video Wink sent me regarding my ring. I also bought the diamond/jewelry cleaner from him, and Wink also has an online video (on YouTube) showing how to use it properly.

http://www.vidmails.com/playback.php?t=MjI0MDk4OTIxNzEyNzUyNjM3NjQ4OQ==
(hopefully the link works, if not copy and paste it, as the last two equal signs seems to be throwing off the link, last I looked it was working after I did a ''copy'' and ''paste'' of the link, make sure you include the two equal signs).

Thanks Wink Jones and your staff, as well as Crafted By Infinity (John Pollard and Paul Slegers) for providing me with an outstanding engagement ring, my girlfriend will be absolutely ecstatic when I finally give it to her!
By the way and for the record...

H_Dog2 was also great to deal with. For those who do not remember he was being offered one of my diamonds by a dealer in Canada who did not have access to the stone, and he helped us identify and put a stop to that indivudual stealing my pictures and offering my stones for sale. (At considrably higher prices than I charge for them by the way.)

At all times he was pleasant and courteous and a quick learner. H_Dog2, you are the kind of guy I always want to be like, and it was indeed a pleasure on this side of the transaction as well. I really appreciate your taking the time to write such a glowing testimonial.

Thank you.

Wink

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gorgeous ring and I agree Wink and all the above mentioned are class acts all the way!

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congratulations H-Dog! And sincere thanks for your help with the other matter. You were vigilant and diligent; much appreciated.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hdog, many congrats!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The video won''t play for me.
39.gif
But I will believe it''s a beautiful ring! And I totally believe how helpful Wink was.
5.gif

Congrats, and be sure to do a thread in SMTR!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Yay for H dog and Yay for Wink! (throw a Yay in there for Paul too!)

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Please let me know at my email address [email protected] what platform you are using and if you give me permission I will have my tech support contact you to figure out how to get it to play for you. This is not a good thing to hear, but we do hear it once in a while and so far my tech support has been able to help everyone that has givein permission to be contacted.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LOL! I just got an email from an appraiser telling me that as the retailer it is unethical for me to provide a "certificate of appraisal" or an appraisal since I sold the item. (This is a long term running argument between me and many in the appraisal business since I feel that I know more about the value and cost to make the items that I sell than any one else in the world, but that is a discussion for another time and place. Unfortunately I have also seen the abusive "appraisals" so often issued by the selling company or by labs like IGI that I can only argue a little bit about their premise.)

Just for the record, I call my document an "Evaluation for Insurance Purposes", which is translated by everyone, even my staff and often myself as an appraisal as in, "No this is not ready to be mailed yet, I have to finish the appraisal." This is normally said at about 4:45 when Sylvia is finishing the boxing up for Fedex and is ready to leave for the Fedex drop off so as not to have to drive all the way to the airport Fedex station if she misses the block away pickup at 5.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
H_Dog2,

Please let us know when you give it to her, I am excited to hear if she loves it as much as you did!

Wink

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Glad you had a great experience. Your ring is stunning!!!
30.gif

Good luck!!!

Cachette
1.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring! I just loved Wink in gloves too!

Can''t wait to see handshots and congrats to you! It''s a beautiful stone!

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beware when Wink takes off his gloves
28.gif

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
It''s gorgeous!
30.gif
Congratulations, I hope she loves it.

I always enjoy Wink''s videos. He just seems like an old friend you''ve had forever when he''s talking to you and I for one appreciate that kind of attention.

Kudos to Wink and the others involved for another fantastic review from what sounds like a very satisfied customer!
36.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2008 7:22:39 AM
Author: girlie-girl
It''s gorgeous!
30.gif
Congratulations, I hope she loves it.

I always enjoy Wink''s videos. He just seems like an old friend you''ve had forever when he''s talking to you and I for one appreciate that kind of attention.

Kudos to Wink and the others involved for another fantastic review from what sounds like a very satisfied customer!
36.gif

That is exactly what Wink is like, with a wicked good knowledge of all things sparkly!!

Congratulations on an exceptionally beautiful diamond and ring! I''m confident your future intended will be over the moon with joy!!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/7/2008 8:38:20 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
Very pretty ring! I just loved Wink in gloves too!

Can''t wait to see handshots and congrats to you! It''s a beautiful stone!
LOL! That is a trick that I learned from Mark Morrell. Always let the intended be the first to put a fingerprint on her ring.

The polish is never quite so perfect as when it is fresh off the polishing wheel. Every time you wipe off a finger print you dull it just a tiny bit, so don''t put on any fingerprints.

I have found that even my guys appreciate being taught the thought and the Ladies always love it, even if they don''t actually know it. That dazzle of the perfect polish just makes the ring that much more beautiful. Just like one of Paul''s incredible stones, it is the little details that make the whole into something special.

Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results