shape
carat
color
clarity

Feathers at/near the girdle of a GIA plot

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zeiss

Rough_Rock
Hello,

Are the feathers at/near the girdle of this GIA plot a concern at all? It is a GIA VS2 diamond. I''m not sure if the vendor has this particular stone in house for inspection, but if they do, what kind of questions should I ask them assuming that it might be a potential problem at all.

Thanks!

feather-at-girdle.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/7/2008 1:02:53 PM
Author:zeiss
Hello,

Are the feathers at/near the girdle of this GIA plot a concern at all? It is a GIA VS2 diamond. I'm not sure if the vendor has this particular stone in house for inspection, but if they do, what kind of questions should I ask them assuming that it might be a potential problem at all.

Thanks!
You can't really tell much by the plotting diagram of the report, but I doubt a VS2 feather would be a problem, what size is the diamond? Just ask the vendor if the diamond is in house, and if not if they could they arrange to inspect it for you should you decide to proceed prior to purchase.

dbsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Inclusions around the girdle are rarely issues, especially VS+ graded ones.

Marty
Diamond Brokerage Service Inc
www.dbsdiamonds.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results