shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally! Sunshine and blue sky and updated photos of "Pacific".

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lovely sunny day here - finally! - in Boston. I've called my new sapphire ring Pacific because she represents the great expanse of blue that connects my two homes - Australia and the US, as well as being my DH's birth stone and the only blue sapphire piece I own. The sun + blue sky made ALLLLL the difference and Pacific put on her best attitude and played it out hard for the camera! This first group were taken undercover, and the blue shows up more vibrantly.

So here she is - Pacific - aka Miss Moody!

IMG_4077.jpg

IMG_4072.jpg

IMG_4073.jpg

IMG_4063.jpg

IMG_4055.jpg IMG_4057.jpg

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
What a beauty!! Timeless classic that makes me think of Princess Diana

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are her sunshine shots. Before Amy worked her magic, this was the setting in which I had most difficulty getting any color out of her at all. While you can see she is less colorful in this lighting setting, she is still clearly blue - and a beautiful blue at that!

IMG_4053.jpg

IMG_4046.jpg

IMG_4044.jpg

IMG_4053.jpg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are her sunshine shots. Before Amy worked her magic, this was the setting in which I had most difficulty getting any color out of her at all. While you can see she is less colorful in this lighting setting, she is still clearly blue - and a beautiful blue at that!

IMG_4053.jpg

IMG_4046.jpg

IMG_4044.jpg

IMG_4053.jpg

This is sooooo incredibly helpful and educational to see!

Thank you for this. :)

And enjoy your new beautiful blue ring! :love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rfisher -

I'm learning all kinds of stuff with this ring! Tilt angle is EVERYTHING.

Here are 2 photos with the tiniest bit different tilt to the camera. See the difference in color?

Tilted away from the camera:

IMG_4046.jpg

Still tilted - but just the tiniest bit more straight on:

IMG_4048.jpg

The difference is subtle, but it's definitely there. As I said to Amy at DKJ in an email this morning - "It's like trying to get a teenage girl to smile for the camera!"

She just came right out of her shell! Everyone's mood improves when the sun is out.
1896249wrr738gi7w.gif
I love seeing that hint of violet... to me, it's what makes blue sapphire special. So glad you're enjoying Miss Pacific!!

I completely agree with you, @Autumn in New England! I've always valued that violet undertone. Gorgeous!

Yes, you've got to have it! In my opinion, that's what sets it apart from other beautiful blue gems, like cobalt spinel. You're making me look through my gem box now to see what I can set in a similar dress (no copycatting though, promise)! lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results