shape
carat
color
clarity

Find a 1ct Round for under $4000

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I have a friend looking for a round diamond. He is on a tight budget of under $4000. He is hoping for to get a diamond around 1ct, G-H range, and of course has to be at least eye clean.

One of the PS vendors found him the following diamond that is confirmed to be eye clean. Neither of us can really make out what it says but I think I guessed the GIA right. My friend isn't clicking with this vendor and not too happy with the stone. I don't know enough to really help him (but I do know to come here and ask).

http://www.creativecharm.com/certs/giacert.pdf

Scores 1.9.

Measurements: 6.27 - 6.32 x 3.97 mm
Carat Weight: 1.01
Color Grade: H
Clarity Grade: SI2
Cut Grade: Very Good
Depth: 63.1 %
Table: 58 %
Crown Angle: 37.5°
Crown Height: 16 %
Pavilion Angle: 40.2°
Pavilion Depth: 42 %
Star length: 50 %
Lower Half: 80 %
Girdle: Slightly Thick to Thick, Faceted
Culet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: None
Comments: Additional clouds are not shown.

What do you think of this stone?
Can anyone recommend a better option?

I should add that it will be better if the vendor is located in NYC or Chicago as he will be travelling there in the coming months. He wants to pick up the ring and propose.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Charmy! Is that pavillion angle right?

ETA: Doh! YOu posted the link! I need glasses!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
That''s what I got off the GIA report check. It also looks right based on the GIA cert but it''s so hard to read.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ya, numbers looks good on the HCA, an FIC. so expected small spread. Probably need a IS to check it out with that shallow a PA.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/5/2008 11:06:09 AM
Author:CharmyPoo
I have a friend looking for a round diamond. He is on a tight budget of under $4000. He is hoping for to get a diamond around 1ct, G-H range, and of course has to be at least eye clean.

One of the PS vendors found him the following diamond that is confirmed to be eye clean. Neither of us can really make out what it says but I think I guessed the GIA right. My friend isn't clicking with this vendor and not too happy with the stone. I don't know enough to really help him (but I do know to come here and ask).

http://www.creativecharm.com/certs/giacert.pdf

Scores 1.9.

Measurements: 6.27 - 6.32 x 3.97 mm
Carat Weight: 1.01
Color Grade: H
Clarity Grade: SI2
Cut Grade: Very Good
Depth: 63.1 %
Table: 58 %
Crown Angle: 37.5°
Crown Height: 16 %
Pavilion Angle: 40.2°
Pavilion Depth: 42 %
Star length: 50 %
Lower Half: 80 %
Girdle: Slightly Thick to Thick, Faceted
Culet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: None
Comments: Additional clouds are not shown.

What do you think of this stone?
Can anyone recommend a better option?

I should add that it will be better if the vendor is located in NYC or Chicago as he will be travelling there in the coming months. He wants to pick up the ring and propose.

Charmy you can find a better balanced and cut diamond certainly, not everyone wants this type of stone either. Also if the clarity is based on a cloud inclusion then caution is recommended in SI2 in case this causes a loss of brilliance. What about Good old Gold in Long Island, is that doable for your friend? Or ERD in the d- district?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/5/2008 11:27:37 AM
Author: Stone-cold11
yap, the report from GIA reportcheck

Stonecold,

How did you generate this link? When I look up a stone I have to go through the page where you type in the number and weight to generate the results and the URL of the results page is hidden so I can''t directly link to it.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ask Storm to run a Diamcalc on that for you, my guess is it leaks like a sieve with that small a pavilion angle, but it might possibly be offset by the high crown angle. I don''t have the time this time of year to run it for you, but it would be interesting to see.

Wink

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2008 11:34:25 AM
Author: denverappraiser

Stonecold,

How did you generate this link? When I look up a stone I have to go through the page where you type in the number and weight to generate the results and the URL of the results page is hidden so I can''t directly link to it.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
I am not stonecold but this is how.. replace the highlighted text with what is indicated between the <>.

http://www.gia.edu/reportcheck/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.showReportVerification&reportno=font> cert number>&weight=

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2008 11:31:58 AM
Author: Lorelei

Charmy you can find a better balanced and cut diamond certainly, not everyone wants this type of stone either. Also if the clarity is based on a cloud inclusion then caution is recommended in SI2 in case this causes a loss of brilliance. What about Good old Gold in Long Island, is that doable for your friend? Or ERD in the d- district?
Diamond was recommended by one of the vendors mentioned above.

Do you think his budget is an issue or a nice round with his desired specs can be had?

Brilliant_Rock
CHeck eyeclean on this too - 1.20
31.gif

One inclusion looks like it may be prongable, the other may or may not be eye visible, but deserves checking!
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-I1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1122744.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks smiley face for all the options! I have passed them along and will let you know how it goes.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2008 11:34:25 AM
Author: denverappraiser
Date: 12/5/2008 11:27:37 AM

Author: Stone-cold11

yap, the report from GIA reportcheck

Stonecold,

Neil Beaty

GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA

I bookmark the page of the report then open it up on a normal page and the link will be shown or you can go into manage the bookmark, bookmark for the report will have the link. Firefox shows the link too, not sure if other non-IE web-browser does that.

Brilliant_Rock
Great! We will all be here!

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Stone

Thanks Charmy,

Sorry to digress from the question at hand. I’ve been annoyed at my inability to do this for quite some time and I’m tickled to have a solution.

And now back to our regularly scheduled question.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results