shape
carat
color
clarity

For anyone interested-sharing my homemade ice cream hack

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was making ice cream with my Cuisinart ice cream maker and thought I would do an experiment in making ice cream without an ice cream maker and compare the two. The Cuisinart ice cream is only slightly better (more creamy) so was hoping someone might find it useful if they are interested in making homemade and don't have an ice cream maker. All you need besides the ingredients is a food processor or mixer. The downside is it will take at least 8 hours in the freezer to firm the home made ice cream to the consistency of the one using the ice cream maker and I do detect some tiny frozen milk crystals but very subtle.

Ingredients:
3 cups whole cream.
1 and 1/3 to 2 cups cane sugar (depending on taste and if you are using tart berries).
1 and 1/3 cup milk.
Choice of flavoring- for vanilla you will need 1 1/2 tbsps pure vanilla extract.

It's really simple. Just put the cream and sugar in the food processor and basically make whipped cream. This usually takes about 4 minutes. Make sure the whipped cream is firm. Then add your flavor ingredients (I choose 1 1/2 cup raspberries) milk and give it a very short run in the food processor. Just long enough to mix the ingredients. Put the mixture in a freezer friendly container overnight and viola! Ice cream.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I was making ice cream with my Cuisinart ice cream maker and thought I would do an experiment in making ice cream without an ice cream maker and compare the two. The Cuisinart ice cream is only slightly better (more creamy) so was hoping someone might find it useful if they are interested in making homemade and don't have an ice cream maker. All you need besides the ingredients is a food processor or mixer. The downside is it will take at least 8 hours in the freezer to firm the home made ice cream to the consistency of the one using the ice cream maker and I do detect some tiny frozen milk crystals but very subtle.

Ingredients:
3 cups whole cream.
1 and 1/3 to 2 cups cane sugar (depending on taste and if you are using tart berries).
1 and 1/3 cup milk.
Choice of flavoring- for vanilla you will need 1 1/2 tbsps pure vanilla extract.

It's really simple. Just put the cream and sugar in the food processor and basically make whipped cream. This usually takes about 4 minutes. Make sure the whipped cream is firm. Then add your flavor ingredients (I choose 1 1/2 cup raspberries) milk and give it a very short run in the food processor. Just long enough to mix the ingredients. Put the mixture in a freezer friendly container overnight and viola! Ice cream.

Looks easy peasy, will give it a try.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results