shape
carat
color
clarity

Getting a good deal or not, please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mlbar

Rough_Rock
My girlfriend and I have found a 1.02 ct. Marquise cut diamond for $1599.00. Here are the specifics: EGL-USA, Report: US UH095936218, Weigt: 1.02 ct CTR/1.77 ct, Shape/Cut: Marquise Brilliant, Color: F, Clarity: I1, Measurements: 10.23 x 5.09 x 3.31. Desc: White gold ring stamped "14K" containing one (1) natural diamon descption detail above. The ring also contains side stones that are H-1 color, S11-I1 clairty with total weight of 0.75. Total diamond weight is 1.77ct. Total weight of ring is 6.5 grams.

Please help, my girlfriend is pushing me to buy this ring quickly before it is gone!!!!

Date: 12/3/2008 10:45:14 AM
Author:mlbar
My girlfriend and I have found a 1.02 ct. Marquise cut diamond for $1599.00. Here are the specifics: EGL-USA, Report: US UH095936218, Weigt: 1.02 ct CTR/1.77 ct, Shape/Cut: Marquise Brilliant, Color: F, Clarity: I1, Measurements: 10.23 x 5.09 x 3.31. Desc: White gold ring stamped ''14K'' containing one (1) natural diamon descption detail above. The ring also contains side stones that are H-1 color, S11-I1 clairty with total weight of 0.75. Total diamond weight is 1.77ct. Total weight of ring is 6.5 grams.

Please help, my girlfriend is pushing me to buy this ring quickly before it is gone!!!!
Welcome!

Is it with an online auction? Who is selling it, the price is very cheap....Plus there is a good chance the diamond may not be eyeclean or cut well. Can you provide more info please?

Date: 12/3/2008 11:45:00 AM
Author: Lorelei

Welcome!

Is it with an online auction? Who is selling it, the price is very cheap....Plus there is a good chance the diamond may not be eyeclean or cut well. Can you provide more info please?
Not with an online auction. It is with a local jewelry store that is going out of business. Don''t know what is "eye clean". The cut on the diamond report from EGL-USA states "Brilliant". Has some inclusions under 10x.

Date: 12/3/2008 2:23:20 PM
Author: mlbar

Welcome!

Not with an online auction. It is with a local jewelry store that is going out of business. Don''t know what is ''eye clean''. The cut on the diamond report from EGL-USA states ''Brilliant''. Has some inclusions under 10x.

Is the store really going out of business? Or is it a fake going out of business "clearance"? Usually those deals are not as good as they appear...I would make the sale contingent on getting an INDEPENDENT (i.e., does not work for a jewelry store and YOU are paying them) appraisal first personally.

Date: 12/3/2008 2:27:50 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 12/3/2008 2:23:20 PM
Author: mlbar

Welcome!

Not with an online auction. It is with a local jewelry store that is going out of business. Don''t know what is ''eye clean''. The cut on the diamond report from EGL-USA states ''Brilliant''. Has some inclusions under 10x.

Is the store really going out of business? Or is it a fake going out of business ''clearance''? Usually those deals are not as good as they appear...I would make the sale contingent on getting an INDEPENDENT (i.e., does not work for a jewelry store and YOU are paying them) appraisal first personally.
Nothing to add that the ladies haven''t already said except that the higlighted part above really made me "lol". So true.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP