shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA Diamond Doisser vs GIA Diamond Grading Report

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, the stone that I''m looking to buy is certed under the GIA Diamond Doisser and clarity characteristics say: Crystal, Cloud.

So does it mean it only has crystals and clouds? Or could it have minute feathers, knots, other stuff that doesn''t appear on the clarity characteristics as it''s a DD. Mainly I''m asking will graders not bother to include all inclusions simply cos the DD doens''t show a plot?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everything should be on there. It''s just used for smaller diamonds as it''s a cheaper report to produce.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/4/2008 9:49:36 PM
Author:Ashleigh
Hi, the stone that I''m looking to buy is certed under the GIA Diamond Doisser and clarity characteristics say: Crystal, Cloud.

So does it mean it only has crystals and clouds? Or could it have minute feathers, knots, other stuff that doesn''t appear on the clarity characteristics as it''s a DD. Mainly I''m asking will graders not bother to include all inclusions simply cos the DD doens''t show a plot?

That is the summary of inclusions the grader saw at 10X magnification. They are listed in order of importance.

(even FL diamonds will have clarity characteristics if you zoom in enough...but the grade is set based on what is seen at 10X)

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
Neatfreak, thanks for the assurance.
emsmile.gif

John, I didn''t know they grade based on 10X mag. Luckily Jon has a very good magnifying equipment. On the website, it''s already 15X mag. I suppose he can go a bit higher. Maybe I''ll ask Jon to let me know what he sees at 15X and above.
emsmile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results