shape
carat
color
clarity

Gran/supearl sizes

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just told that single pearls can't be certified gran/supearl unless they meet a specific size requirement (I assume it doesn't apply to strands,but didn't ask).

Specifically, I was told that to be considered, single pearls need to be 9mm+. Has anyone heard that before? Very interesting to me if true! @yssie @MakingTheGrade

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve not asked that question but that tracks with what I’ve seen so far. And they don’t do pairs or bracelets, which is just wild to me!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve not asked that question but that tracks with what I’ve seen so far. And they don’t do pairs or bracelets, which is just wild to me!

Really??? That's crazy that there's no pairs or bracelets. Weird that strands = yes but bracelets = no. I'd think it would be much easier to get enough pearls for a bracelet because they don't need as many.

I only found this out because I was asking for a supearl/granpearl in a smaller size and was told it doesn't exist.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah mine is 13mm so over the 9mm mark. I haven’t had much luck asking for a supearl akoya in any size lol.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah mine is 13mm so over the 9mm mark. I haven’t had much luck asking for a supearl akoya in any size lol.

I asked for 7mm or less and obviously that doesn't exist haha

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah apparently supearl singles are fewer and farther between these days

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At the rate supearls seem to show up - we three will be splitting the single supearl graded in 2030 into thirds…

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the sake of eye candy, these are the highest quality loose pearls in the size I want. According to the vendor (who I trust because I've purchased from general pearl previously), these are gran/supearl quality in terms of luster and lack of blemishes. Deleted prices for the sake of privacy.

I am excited to see them IRL.

PIC_5468.jpg

PIC_5471.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results