shape
carat
color
clarity

Greeny/blue Aquamarine

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock

This is my new greeny aquamarine pendant, cut especially for me by Michael E. What a dear man!

It''s 4cts (13.5mm x 6.75mm) and set in yellow gold. It looks wonderful.I particularly wanted an untreated aqua with a definite greenish hue and I think this really fits the bill.

He''s posting it to me today, so I hope the customs don''t hold it up too long.....

aqua emerald cut top.jpg

This is from the side showing the pretty scroll work

aqua emeraldcut side.jpg

that is really beautiful!! i love the elegant simplicity of it........

and, last one, from the bottom.

Michael says that in certain lights it looks greenish (sunlight/incandescent) while under flourescent lights it looks pure blue. Cool!

aqua emeraldcut bottom.jpg

Thanks Belle. I'm really really pleased with it and Michael was such a sweetie to work with. Here's the rough he started out with - he used the piece on the right for my pendant. I think it's a minor miracle that someone can turn something so plain into something so beautiful.

aqua_rough1.JPG

I think it''s a minor miracle that someone can turn something so plain into something so beautiful.

that''s exactly what i was thinking when i looked at that picture!!!

l love the scrollwork on the sides......

How pretty, Bagpuss! I wish I could see it in person, I bet it''s even nicer than onscreen.

And here I was, nearly over my envy for your pear diamonds and you''ve gone and done it again! It''s very lovely.

Gorgeous piece BP! I love it, esp w// the YG scroll!  Aquamarines, garnets, and diamonds are my top stones. They''re so classic and go with *everything*.
30.gif

HI:

Very beautiful! I love it!!

cheers--Sharon

Bagpuss!!!!!!! It''s just beautiful!! Now I want one!

Come to think of it,
31.gif
I NEED one....Aqua is my birthstone...

Congratulations!

1.gif
widget

awesome!
Michael E. rocks (pun intended)

I always have liked that stuller scroll setting and he did a nice job polishing it up.

LOVE the scrollwork what a beautiful piece.

Bagpuss, it''s beautiful! I love, love, love aquas of all the different shades and yours is wonderful. You said you had this cut by Michael E? His company is the Gem Shoppe in Cashmere? I''m going to have to look him up!

Aquamarine

From lightest sky-blue to the deep blue of the sea – aquamarines show all these shades of an exceptionally beautiful range of usually light blues. It is a truly fascinating stone. Women all over the world covet it because of its fine blue colour, which suits almost any complexion or eye-colour to perfection, and creative gemstone artists get their inspiration for new cuts more often from aquamarines than from other stones.

Its light blue arises feelings such as sympathy, trust, harmony or friendship. These are good feelings, which involve a partner or companion, and prove their vale in long-lasting relationships. Aquamarine blue is a divine and eternal colour, since it is, after all, the colour of the skies. Aquamarine blue, however, is also the colour of water with its life-giving properties. And in fact aquamarine seems to have managed to embody the light blue of the seas. This is not surprising, for according to legend it has its origin in the treasure chest of the legendary mermaids, and has for ages been reputed to be a lucky stone for sailors. Its name has been derived from the Latin terms "aqua” meaning water, and "mare” or sea. Allegedly its powers develop best if the stone is immersed in sun-drenched water. However, it seems a wiser course to carry it, because according to ancient traditions, carrying an aquamarine is supposed to guarantee a happy marriage and to make its owner happy and rich at that – the ideal gemstone, not only for lovers and married couples.

Gemstone with many excellent characteristics

Aquamarine is one of our most popular and famous gemstones and is characterised by many excellent features. It is almost as popular as the classical stones Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. It is related to Emerald, which just like Aquamarine belongs to the gemstone family of Beryls. However, the colour is more evenly distributed throughout the stone in Aquamarines compared to Emeralds. More frequent in occurrence than its famous green brother, Aquamarine is usually almost free of inclusions. It possesses a good hardness (7 _ to 7 _ on the Mohs’ scale), and a breathtaking brilliance. Its good hardness makes it quite robust and protects it generally from getting scratched. Iron is the substance responsible for the colour in Aquamarine, and the shades of blue displayed range from almost colourless pale blue through to bright sea blue. The more intense the colour of an Aquamarine, the higher its value. Some Aquamarines show a slightly greenish hue – that is also considered typical. But a really pure and clear blue is still cherished as typical Aquamarine colour, as it best brings out the immaculate transparency and high brilliance of this gemstone.

"carrying an aquamarine is supposed to guarantee a happy marriage and to make its owner happy and rich at that"

I'll second that, it's worked for me anyway
2.gif

Thanks for all your kind comments - I can't wait till it arrives so that I can see the colour for real. I hope that the green is really noticeable 'cos that's what I particularly wanted. Either way it's turned out beautiful so there's no way I'm going to be disappointed.

For those of you who do fancy something custom made/cut, Michael E's your man. Lovely to work with and VERY reasonable prices.

My aquamarine pendant turned up this morning - Christmas Eve - much to my suprise and delight. It''s absolutely gorgeous.

It is in white gold as promised, even though the pics made it look like the setting was yellow gold, and it''s a really pretty setting. The aquamarine is truly a lovely stone. As Michael said, under electric lights it looks quite blue, but in natural daylight it has a distinctive green hue. Wonderful.

The size is impressive and the shape is very elegant. I haven''t seen anything like this locally and the price, even with VAT and customs, was very good.

I''m so pleased with it and would recommend Michael''s work to anyone who wants a special gem piece.

It''s all wrapped up under the tree for the moment (my pressie to myself!) but I''ll take pics of it on tomorrow.

Bagpuss
That is stunning!
30.gif
It's a beautiful stone and a gorgeous setting. I'm sure you'll love wearing it. Even my husband is impressed and he's a bit fussy.

Stunning--stunning color, shape, size, presence. WOW--neck shots are a MUST when it arrives.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Congrats!
36.gif

PS what type of chain are you thinking?
1.gif

BP- that is so lovely. It''s amazing what can be done. I love the scroll work too.

Neck shots, as promised.

12045.JPG

another angle...........
can you guys see how the colour changes with the light? Wonderful!

12046.JPG

From the side; to show the scroll work.

12047.JPG

glad you got a little Christmas present!! i''m sure you were excited to get it finally!!! it''s a beauty!
emotion-5.gif

Thanks Belle.

I''ve put it on a much longer chain now and it looks great against my black jumper. The length of the chain can really change how a pendant looks, don''t you think?

Date: 1/1/2005 5
6.gif
3:11 PM
Author: Bagpuss
Thanks Belle.

I''ve put it on a much longer chain now and it looks great against my black jumper. The length of the chain can really change how a pendant looks, don''t you think?
HI:

For sure. Are you adverse to wearing chokers? I have bought black leather and silk cord to wear around my neck in that fashion--and my SS Black pearl and other diamond pendants look fab this way. You could get an organza ribbon in the same shade as your aqua and tie it on--tres chic!!!!

cheers--Sharon

Chokers look wonderful on girls with long slim necks, but I look (and feel) like I''m being strangled. I don''t even wear loose chains that are less than 17" because I''m conscious of them all the time. Needles to say, I don''t own or wear polo or crew neck jumpers either.

I''ll stick with the long chain.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP