shape
carat
color
clarity

H&A or not? First diamond for e-ring.

Hordej

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I am looking for a diamond for an engagement ring, I did some research and learned about super ideal cut and parameter ranges for H&A. Having a low budget I chose LGD and searched by parameter range.

Ultimately, I ordered this diamond for $280.
HCA score 1.3
Stonealgo 9.9/10
I know that these scores are there to narrow down the choice of diamond. So I want to ask you for your opinions about this choice. Is the H&A pattern visible at all? Is brilliance good? I Don't expect the level of whiteflash or brian gavin.
Thank you for your help.

Looks good to me!

Is there a reason you're going with IF? You could save a little money going down in clarity, but sometimes it's a personal preference.

I wonder if your first diamond has a very subtle touch of blue nuance, but it might be the environment. @Kim N has a good eye for blue nuance. Maybe she'll chime in?

Is there a reason you're going with IF? You could save a little money going down in clarity, but sometimes it's a personal preference.

I wonder if your first diamond has a very subtle touch of blue nuance, but it might be the environment. @Kim N has a good eye for blue nuance. Maybe she'll chime in?
It does not have to be IF only, I just wanted as high as possible because my girlfriend wants about 0.4ct so there is not much difference in price.

Is the latter stone better than the former? It seems to me that it has a better H&A pattern. So if you suspect that the first one has a blue nuance, it's safer to take the second one.

What do you think?

I like the latter one. I'll also add the caveat that I'm a relative newcomer, so you might want to see what others say. I, too, liked the cut of your first one, so you've got a good eye.

Can’t really check for H&A patterning without a view of the pavilions. They likely have different flavors of light return based on the differences in proportions and crown heights, but the differences are really nuanced especially in this size.

Can’t really check for H&A patterning without a view of the pavilions. They likely have different flavors of light return based on the differences in proportions and crown heights, but the differences are really nuanced especially in this size.

Which one would you choose?

I slightly prefer the original stone.

Looks like the experts are all for the first stone. Go for it! Sorry if I muddied the waters! :doh:

Hello and welcome to PriceScope, Hordej!
You have some great looking diamonds selected.
I like the first one better than the others.

There's only one other that I would recommend that *might* make a bit of a visual difference due to the extremely fiery proportions and angles - albeit maybe sacrificing a bit of brilliance in indirect lighting conditions, so if you want a balanced diamond then definitely stick with the one that you have on order.
This one is a 0.65 D VVS1 listed for just under $300.
Video:

Attachments

Hello,
I am looking for a diamond for an engagement ring, I did some research and learned about super ideal cut and parameter ranges for H&A. Having a low budget I chose LGD and searched by parameter range.

Ultimately, I ordered this diamond for $280.
HCA score 1.3
Stonealgo 9.9/10
I know that these scores are there to narrow down the choice of diamond. So I want to ask you for your opinions about this choice. Is the H&A pattern visible at all? Is brilliance good? I Don't expect the level of whiteflash or brian gavin.
Thank you for your help.

Hey, you should check out this new site, www.yourdiamondguys.com. It’s got this cool AI that scans for inclusions and weeds out the bad ones, so you only see the best diamonds with nice imperfections. Plus, there’s tons of info on there to help you out.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics