shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone had any Experience with Istdibs.com

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am looking for a preloved Tiffany & Co. diamond ring. This will not be my primary ring but another ring of a smaller carat weight that I can wear when I do not want to wear my large diamond. I have been researching online vendors and I am still shy about buying one on eBay. I am looking at 1stdibs.com. Does anyone have any firsthand experience with this site? Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Any assistance will be appreciated!

Does anyone have any other recommendations?
I don’t have experience with 1stdibs, but have purchased a few pieces from TheRealReal and was very pleased. I returned one and the return process went very well. I didn’t purchase Tiffany pieces, though they seem to have a lot of Tiffany pieces that come through.

I don’t have experience with 1stdibs, but have purchased a few pieces from TheRealReal and was very pleased. I returned one and the return process went very well. I didn’t purchase Tiffany pieces, though they seem to have a lot of Tiffany pieces that come through.
I looked On The Real Real and they do have quite a few pieces come in. I have only consigned with them and not purchased.

Yes..I have purchased jewelry from 1stdibs.com...I’ve been very happy with everything I received. I also love to browse Ruby Lane. I think it was @StephanieLynn that suggested I look there for whatever I was looking for at the time. I’ve also been happy with things I purchased there.

Yes..I have purchased jewelry from 1stdibs.com...I’ve been very happy with everything I received. I also love to browse Ruby Lane. I think it was @StephanieLynn that suggested I look there for whatever I was looking for at the time. I’ve also been happy with things I purchased there.
That’s good to know! I am in touch with one vendor from NY who was very responsive. Thanks!

That’s good to know! I am in touch with one vendor from NY who was very responsive. Thanks!
Do a search on him to make sure he has good reviews.

Do a search on him to make sure he has good reviews.
How do I find out the sellers name on 1stdibs.com? He is located in NYC and he signed his message with his full name.

Never mind my last question. I clicked on “more information” and his company name popped up!

I don't have any experience with 1stdibs, but I bought a diamond ring from IDoNowIDon't, and was pleased with that experience and with the ring.

I don't have any experience with 1stdibs, but I bought a diamond ring from IDoNowIDon't, and was pleased with that experience and with the ring.
I checked them out as well. Thanks for the feedback!

I also don't have any personal experience with 1st Dibs, I would say just to approach it like any other online purchase. Check the reviews and as long as there is a return policy it should be good.

From a very trusted friend- First Dibs marks up the items and treat their vendors unfairly. But this is not firsthand knowledge rather from a friend who I trust. Just sharing and ymmv. But be prepared to pay more than if you purchased from the vendor directly. That’s a fact.

From a very trusted friend- First Dibs marks up the items and treat their vendors unfairly. But this is not firsthand knowledge rather from a friend who I trust. Just sharing and ymmv. But be prepared to pay more than if you purchased from the vendor directly. That’s a fact.

Oh wow! Thank you for the feedback. Would you recommend that I try to find a reputable vendor on eBay and do my homework on the vendor?

Oh wow! Thank you for the feedback. Would you recommend that I try to find a reputable vendor on eBay and do my homework on the vendor?

Try contacting the vendor directly if you can. First Dibs makes this challenging but if you can that’s your best bet. IMO. Good luck.

I've heard from one jeweler that was solicited to join 1st dibs that it is very expensive for the vendors. Agree it is best to buy directly if possible as long as you are not giving up any protections.

I've heard from one jeweler that was solicited to join 1st dibs that it is very expensive for the vendors. Agree it is best to buy directly if possible as long as you are not giving up any protections.

From what I understand 1st Dibs is very aggressive.

From what I understand 1st Dibs is very aggressive.

Wow! If I purchase directly from a vendor, would I have protection if I paid via PayPal?

Wow! If I purchase directly from a vendor, would I have protection if I paid via PayPal?

Yes but pay with a credit card like AM EX through PayPal. There’s a thread here somewhere discussing this topic. PayPal isn’t as good as once thought re buyers or sellers. I always pay with my AM EX through PayPal or alone. HTH.

Yes but pay with a credit card like AM EX through PayPal. There’s a thread here somewhere discussing this topic. PayPal isn’t as good as once thought re buyers or sellers. I always pay with my AM EX through PayPal or alone. HTH.

I did not know that about PayPal. Thanks for the information. I will definitely do that if I go that route.

I did not know that about PayPal. Thanks for the information. I will definitely do that if I go that route.

My pleasure. Here you go.

I have never had any issues with PayPal but it seems some have and it’s worth knowing about fyi.

I have actually found several things also listed on ebay, etsy, and ruby lane cheaper on 1st dibs, and even the exact same price offered on the vendor's own website. So it depends on the seller I guess.

I have actually found several things also listed on ebay, etsy, and ruby lane cheaper on 1st dibs, and even the exact same price offered on the vendor's own website. So it depends on the seller I guess.

That’s good to know! I did locate one 1st dibs vendor on eBay. I have never heard of Ruby Lane but I will check them out. Thanks!

Don't buy through the vendor you asked about. They charge the seller 25% commission (the last I heard). So you'd do FAR better on price going directly to the actual seller of the piece.

I also read a recent negative article about TheRealReal.

Check Ann's Fabulous Finds and OakGem.

Don't buy through the vendor you asked about. They charge the seller 25% commission (the last I heard). So you'd do FAR better on price going directly to the actual seller of the piece.

I also read a recent negative article about TheRealReal.

Check Ann's Fabulous Finds and OakGem.

That article is really scary!!! Thanks for the information.

HI:

Timely thread! My friend is looking for a pre-loved Tiffany 1.5-2.0 ctw. I did peruse First Dibs.

Let me know if anyone runs across something like this. If not a WF, BGD or CBI would also be great.

cheers--Sharon

I am looking for a preloved Tiffany & Co. diamond ring. This will not be my primary ring but another ring of a smaller carat weight that I can wear when I do not want to wear my large diamond. I have been researching online vendors and I am still shy about buying one on eBay. I am looking at 1stdibs.com. Does anyone have any firsthand experience with this site? Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Any assistance will be appreciated!

Yeah I think you guys all sound like the same person they probably own this price scope company why can't you guys talk normal and it's such a slap iny yada yada yada

First dibs is obviously a scam if you read there authenticity agreement no one but them gets the judge of its real or not that if the Pope himself said that it was fake

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP