shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone heard from Jerry Newman recently?

2Neesers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I regularly check my favorite lapidaries sites for newly listed stones and see that Gemart Services website is out of service. I emailed Jerry to see if he had possibly decided to retire from the gemstone business and my email was returned undeliverable. I hope all is well with him and am wondering if anyone has worked with him lately?

I just bookmarked his website within the last couple of months because I am considering a recut of an aquamarine 3-stone, and his name is mentioned often on PS. The Gemart site was working that short time ago, so whatever has happened is recent. In any event, I hope he is okay.

I emailed him a month or two back to see if he’d potentially be willing to do a polish or recut on my pink sapphire. I never received a response. I hope he’s well and just decided on a change of pace.

Thank you for the replies @NKOTB @RMOO @elle_71125 . I think I recall @prs mentioning that Jerry had moved in a somewhat recent thread. Hopefully he has settled in and is enjoying his new home.
Jerry has been such an excellent source for recuts and beautifully cut stones over the years. He once helped me when I dropped two very expensive (to me) stones on ceramic tile. He made the stones even more beautiful than they had started and I’ll always be grateful for his kindness during that situation.

Yes, Jerry and his wife moved house to be closer to family. He reached retirement age long ago, and gem cutting was really just a hobby he enjoyed during his retirement.

He may take it up again once things settle down from the move, but we probably need to find another skilled lapidary as a more permanent replacement.

Last edited:
Yes, Jerry and his wife moved house to be closer to family. He reached retirement age long ago, and gem cutting was really just a hobby he enjoyed during his retirement.

He may take it up again once things settle down from the move, but we probably need to find another skilled lapidary as a more permanent replacement.

Thank you for the update @prs . I’m glad to hear Jerry and his wife have moved closer to family and he is taking time to get settled in.
Finding a replacement lapidary to refer people to sounds like a good idea.
I wish Jerry the very best!!

I, too, tried to reach out to Jerry last month and found his site was down. I’m so glad to know he is ok.

I agree we need to identify more lapidaries that are skilled recutters. Dan Stair is not taking any recuts these days

thanks for the update

I emailed him a month or two back to see if he’d potentially be willing to do a polish or recut on my pink sapphire. I never received a response. I hope he’s well and just decided on a change of pace.

Same here. No response a couple of months ago but someone told me he was moving at the time.

I had plans and stones for recut, and haven’t moved on with anything for the last two years. I am glad that Jerry is OK; this is the main thing. I hope he enjoys retirement.

I regularly check my favorite lapidaries sites for newly listed stones and see that Gemart Services website is out of service. I emailed Jerry to see if he had possibly decided to retire from the gemstone business and my email was returned undeliverable. I hope all is well with him and am wondering if anyone has worked with him lately?

Good morning. Jerry is my Step Father.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics