shape
carat
color
clarity

Hello, I would like some opinions on this diamond and the certification please..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lostinmusic57127

Rough_Rock
Hi, you can check my previous post for more information.. However, I would like some opinions on this diamond.
Hopefully the picture I posted shows up correctly.. It is a copy of the certificate for the Diamond.
I''m a little concerned because it''s through GSL which from what I have gathered is a small independent lab.
I really appreciate you taking your time to look at this.
thank You.
1.gif

get_convo_image.php.jpeg

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I'm not too sure about the laboratory... I've never heard of it. Can you get the Crown and Pavilion measurements? It's hard to tell without those.

ETA- Here is a link to another post about this lab
Link

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
We need crown and pavilion angles to be able to assess it properly unfortunately...

lostinmusic57127

Rough_Rock
how would I get the pavillion and crown measurements??

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2008 11:51:12 PM
Author: lostinmusic57127
how would I get the pavillion and crown measurements??

Well...it should be available on the certificate, but it doesn''t seem to be, so that should be a red flag right there.

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto to what everyone has already told you. I would not buy the diamond because you do not have all the info you need. How much is your budget if you don''t mind me asking you, maybe we could find you a lovely ideal cut diamond for you...

lostinmusic57127

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for all the opinions and advice!
If you can help me find me a diamond. or tips.. I will be so so grateful!
1.gif

Budget is around 6-9K. and it doesn''t have to include a band..
Only problem I have been running into besides the diamond part is that
no one is willing to go down to my size.. I have a size 3 to 3.25.. small I know..
Thanks again for all your help!
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2008 12:40:29 AM
Thank you so much for all the opinions and advice!
If you can help me find me a diamond. or tips.. I will be so so grateful!
1.gif

Budget is around 6-9K. and it doesn''t have to include a band..
Only problem I have been running into besides the diamond part is that
no one is willing to go down to my size.. I have a size 3 to 3.25.. small I know..
Thanks again for all your help!
36.gif
Ditto the others, red flags! Stick to GIA or AGS.

I''d stick to a trusted vendor. I have personally worked with whiteflash.com, jamesallen.com, and pearlmansjewelers.com. All of them were excellent. I also wouldn''t hesitate to work with goodoldgold.com or engagement rings direct from their excellent reputations here and beautiful pictures of jewelry they have created. Your budget is fine and it shouldn''t be a hard time going down to the tiny ring size with those vendors. They can handle custom orders without missing a beat!

To have a better idea of what to look for, what are you looking for? What type of stone and setting? What size range, color/clarity are you hoping for and what types of setting does she like?

lostinmusic57127

Rough_Rock
I like.. a round cut..traditional.. hahaha
I love channel settings and details on the mounting.. I think it''s called tulip or something like that?? not sure.
I prefer D-G and nothing below a VS2 I think...
I''m totally a newbie so I''m very sorry for the lack of information i can provide.
If you guys can educate me or give me tips.. I am very willing to learn.
Thank You!

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, wow......Im soo jealeous! I wish i had small fingers like you. Im sure any pricescope vendor would be more than happy to size a ring that small.

Diamond tips:
GIA or AGS certs only(most reliable).
Depth should be 60-62.4
table should be 53-57.5
crown angle....tricky, but a range could be from 34-35 some can be higher but would need further inspection(idealscope) to know if they are any good
pavilion angle(i like)40.6- 40.9 but they can go up to 41

Im not sure what color you want in a diamond or clarity so Im just going to wing it....by the way SI1 and SI2 stones hold a great value and are eyeclean in most cases.

Best color: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/4972/

Biggest: http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-VS1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1188041.asp

Cheapest: http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-1445150.htm

Most expensive: http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/E-VS2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1195054.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131

Best band for you buck(IMHO): http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5249/ or http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/4676/

1.5 mark: http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1197739.asp

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-SI2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1187833.asp

lostinmusic57127

Rough_Rock
wow.. all those diamonds are gorgeous.
I should of known when they try to offer 3.50tw for 6K.. it was suspicious.. hahahahaha
Glad I came here! Thank you so much for your time and effort in finding those beauties for me!
and I copy and pasted your nice summary..
1.gif

btw.. one more question if you don''t mind..
on a size 3 finger.. will a 1or above be too big?
Thanks once again!

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
No, it would not look too big....bigger on you than my size 6 fingers but that is good bc you could get like a 1.25 and it would look like a 1.75+ on you
36.gif

Here is a thread on tiny fingers to give you an idea link

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
It will be hard for you to find a pre-made setting that fits. You will probably have to go the custom setting route. I am a smudge smaller than a size 3 and it is almost impossible for me to find a setting in that size. If you are looking for a pave, it will be very difficult to re-size anything to fit.

My diamond will be 1.52 ct but in a cushion so probably faces up around a 1.2 or smaller in a round. I think a 1 ct round will look perfect on your finger. Won''t be too huge that it looks crazy but it will definetly look big.

Good luck with your search and please report back!

lostinmusic57127

Rough_Rock
First of all! Breann! thank you so so much for all your help!

I believe that I can confidently search for diamonds with many thanks to you.
and when i do find the perfect rock, I will be sure to show it off here!
and I think btwn 1 to about 1.2 would be my ideal size. I was aiming for a bigger one but I just think it will look unnatural and almost fake on my hands..
b/c on cold days.. 3s are even a tad loose..
my friends say i have a hand the size of a 5 year old.. hahaha

and I have a pave right now and i think i want a channel setting for a change.
However, I know I''m going to have it special ordered..
but I can''t tell you all how excited I am to start my diamond search! yey!!

36.gif
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/8/2008 3:28:02 AM
First of all! Breann! thank you so so much for all your help!

I believe that I can confidently search for diamonds with many thanks to you.
and when i do find the perfect rock, I will be sure to show it off here!
and I think btwn 1 to about 1.2 would be my ideal size. I was aiming for a bigger one but I just think it will look unnatural and almost fake on my hands..
b/c on cold days.. 3s are even a tad loose..
my friends say i have a hand the size of a 5 year old.. hahaha

and I have a pave right now and i think i want a channel setting for a change.
However, I know I''m going to have it special ordered..
but I can''t tell you all how excited I am to start my diamond search! yey!!

36.gif
36.gif
Breann is doing a SUPERB job of finding wonderful rocks for posters to consider!!!

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks lostinmusic57127 and Lorelei......I try my best, I love to go diamond shopping so its really no trouble. Im just a college student that is sometimes tired of her studies so I come to pricescope to get away.....
26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results