shape
carat
color
clarity

Help choose a diamond - round, ~1.2ct

zes51037

Rough_Rock
Hey,

I need to choose a center diamond for a three stone setting engagement ring. I’m inexperienced and want to buy from whiteflash, is that a good idea? What do you think about one of the following:

I heard that nice optical symmetry is not obvious by just the technical reports.

Thanks a lot!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Good idea getting a WF prevision cut. The ASET images look great on all of them. The pavilion angle on the 1.20 is a little steep at 41, so maybe go with the other two.

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Perhaps ask WF for a video comparison of them side by side to help you decide? I don’t think the 41 PA on the 1.20 is an issue here. If you want less visible potential obstruction around the arrowheads it may in fact be the safer choice. Compare the brilliance video of the 1.20 with the other 2 and you can see that the area around the arrowheads are marginally less dark. It’s a very nuanced difference though and it may not matter to you in person, depending on how close you like to look at your stones.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps ask WF for a video comparison of them side by side to help you decide? I don’t think the 41 PA on the 1.20 is an issue here. If you want less visible potential obstruction around the arrowheads it may in fact be the safer choice. Compare the brilliance video of the 1.20 with the other 2 and you can see that the area around the arrowheads are marginally less dark. It’s a very nuanced difference though and it may not matter to you in person, depending on how close you like to look at your stones.

Yup that's what i would do!

zes51037

Rough_Rock
I think I would probably not see the differences, as I don’t really know what to look out for

So, vote goes to the 1.2? Or should I choose a totally different one if you think none of these is „perfect“?

Thanks a lot!

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Within WF’s branded standards, size is likely the most visible difference to most people. At this price point and sticking with WF’s in-house stones I would go with one of the following options.

zes51037

Rough_Rock
I shouldn’t choose larger than 1.25 ct to keep proportions of the three stone setting. Largest ones there I could find, 1.23:

sparkles24

Rough_Rock
Hey,

I need to choose a center diamond for a three stone setting engagement ring. I’m inexperienced and want to buy from whiteflash, is that a good idea? What do you think about one of the following:

I heard that nice optical symmetry is not obvious by just the technical reports.

Thanks a lot!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results