shape
carat
color
clarity

Help!! Diamond Specs for .60 ct diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

medicalstudent1

Rough_Rock
GIA certified
.60 carat Round Cut
Color: D
Inclusions: SI2 (I cannot see any visible inclusions)
Cut: Ex
Polish: VG
FL: FNT
Table: 58
Sym: Ex
Depth: 61.3

The jeweler is asking $1560 for this diamond. Is this a good price? I have been doing a lot of reading but I thought it best to ask you guys if I should I go with it? I'm waiting for a response from the jeweler regarding pavillion and crown...hopefully you can guide me with this info. Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

Yeah we need pavilion and crown info...

Does GIA give "excellent" cut ratings even if the crown an pavilion dimensions are not ideal? I''m starting to get nervous while waiting for these specs!

Date: 11/25/2008 11:18:18 PM
Author: medicalstudent1
Does GIA give ''excellent'' cut ratings even if the crown an pavilion dimensions are not ideal? I''m starting to get nervous while waiting for these specs!

Oh yes...GIA Excellent ratings aren''t all they are cracked up to be. Sometimes the stones are great and some are pretty bad unfortunately.

Date: 11/25/2008 11:18:18 PM
Does GIA give ''excellent'' cut ratings even if the crown an pavilion dimensions are not ideal? I''m starting to get nervous while waiting for these specs!
YES, unfortunately, they do! I know ''cause I had one with poor angles. It wasn''t pretty and I ended up getting it recut!

Mrs. W has given you some great options.

Date: 11/25/2008 11:02:40 PM
Author:medicalstudent1

GIA certified
.60 carat Round Cut

The jeweler is asking $1560 for this diamond. Is this a good price? I have been doing a lot of reading but I thought it best to ask you guys if I should I go with it? I''m waiting for a response from the jeweler regarding pavillion and crown...hopefully you can guide me with this info. Thanks in advance for everyone''s help!

Welcome!

Post the angles when you get them then we can go from there.

Date: 11/25/2008 11:02:40 PM
Author:medicalstudent1

GIA certified
.60 carat Round Cut

The jeweler is asking $1560 for this diamond. Is this a good price? I have been doing a lot of reading but I thought it best to ask you guys if I should I go with it? I''m waiting for a response from the jeweler regarding pavillion and crown...hopefully you can guide me with this info. Thanks in advance for everyone''s help!

Got the dimensions I needed:

Crown is 33.5 degrees
Pavilion is 41.0 degrees
Culet – none

Any opinions would be great!!! Thanks again for helping me make this incredibly important decision!!

Looks very promising! And you are most welcome!

Should I try to barter down the price (from $1560)??? Thanks again and more opinions are much welcomed!

Date: 11/26/2008 11:04:48 AM
Should I try to barter down the price (from $1560)??? Thanks again and more opinions are much welcomed!
No harm in trying....
11.gif

sounds good!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP