shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Getting Wife Stellar Pearl Necklace

larry897

Rough_Rock
Hi all!

Our 10-year anniversary is coming up and I'm hoping to get my wife a really nice pearl necklace to mark the occasion. Any leads on where I can get some quality pearls? I'm willing to pay for good quality, but it would be nice to get the cheapest price that is available for this quality!

Thanks in advance :)

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
You can get nice, high quality freshwater pearls for far less than any of the saltwater varieties. Would you consider that? Or what is your budget?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I think Pearl Paradise is a good place to start because they have such a wide variety.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Here's a top quality freshwater strand at a nice size. It's a little under $2,000. You could get matching post earrings, maybe a bit larger than the pearls in the strand.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Is that anywhere in the neighborhood of what you have in mind or too much, not enough, etc.?

larry897

Rough_Rock
Under 2k would be ballpark range. And freshwasher vs saltwater doesn't matter, as long as they sparkle!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a budget under $2,000, high quality freshwaters are the way to go. I second Pearl Paradise as a reliable source, with excellent customer service.
After you settle on the item you want, you can ask them to send you a few photos, and select the one you prefer.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Here are some Edison pearls.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too would recommend cultured Fresh Water pearls (CFWP) from Pearl Paradise with that budget, lucky lady!

Happy shopping and Happy Anniversary in advance!

DK :))

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Think about her taste. Does she prefer classic styles, or is she more free-wheeling in her outfits and jewelry?

I happen to love baroque Tahitians, and prefer them over round white pearls. But my lifestyle is very casual. Some women may not like the baroque look. Also, there are Tahitians and Tahitians. Every baroque Tahitian necklace is unique. Shapes, colors, overtones-- there is much variety. I love some and dislike others.
So that would be a trickier purchase.

Any way you can suss out her preferences, or even involve her in the choice?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Fwiw I would much rather pick out a jewelry gift together and be sure to get something I really like, especially when it's a significant amount of money. JMO though.

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock
One benefit of Pearl Paradise is the return policy. He can give the gift while saying “If you don’t love it, we can return and exchange for a different piece.”… That way the recipient feels he put thought into picking something out (My wife has pushed back in past when I suggested we pick jewelry together, LOL…Wants to be surprised).

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has your wife expressed a desire for a pearl strand? If so, that’s great and I agree that PP are an excellent and no risk option. They will do virtual meetings and can show you items to choose from. I’m only asking because I bought a classic strand as my first pearl purchase and I just don’t wear it- too formal, wrong length, pearls too small etc etc- it’s easy to get it wrong!!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
For 2k you won't find a SS necklace unless you would be happy with a non round strand.
If you want round then I'd consider the Edison strand as they are more likely to be round as opposed to near round or semi round. If you want to consider the Freshadama then I'd call and talk to them and explain you want the roundest strand they have. Get some photos/video of whichever strand you are considering.

PP does have an excellent return policy and I believe they ship quickly. So you could have one of each sent and choose the one you like returning the other.. or both...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results