Emerald or Radiant Diamond?

• Emerald

• Radiant

Results are only viewable after voting.

BBazzy

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hello community,

First of all i would like to say nice to meet you and thank you in advance for your future answers to my questions. I am planning this November to ask my girlfriend if she wants to marry me and i am not decided which style of diamond to choose for the proposal ring, emerald or radiant. My budget for the diamond is max 1000 euro and i wonder which one is worth to buy and why. Could you help me with the most important information about these two style of diamond? Also, i would like to know your honest opinion (based on arguments) about which style i should choose, emerald instead radiant or radiant instead emerald. I plan to buy the diamond from https://www.77diamonds.com/.

Thank you in advance!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
Do you have any idea which your girlfriend would prefer? The do look quite different. Many radiants have the "crushed ice" look and people either like that look or don't. So that is something else to consider. Knowing her preference would be very helpful.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Radiants and emeralds are very different cuts. You need to take your girlfriend and go look at some to see which she
prefers.

BBazzy

Rough_Rock
Trade
Sadly, i can’t take her to take a look because i stole one of her rings two months ago and she asked me recently if i saw it, so yea, it will be too obvious. To be honest, i think she would like more the emerald style.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
They are two very different looks, one that reflects long flashes of light (emerald) and the other that reflects short, small flashes more frequently (as an over simplification).

Proposing with a stand in ring or one with a good return policy may be your best option if the surprise element is your priority.

BBazzy

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you for your answers. Let’s stick to the emerald style.

freddyboston

Rough_Rock
The Emerald Cut is designed to enhance Color and show Incusions which suits a Green Emerald and its "jardin" but in a DIamond it's a different situation (the market skews to colorless D,E,F,G and VS+ .... so for 1k you'd likely be looking at or under .5 ct for a colorless + clean + well cut. ... A radiant would be better at hiding clarity + not enhancing color......

BBazzy

Rough_Rock
Trade
You are right, a 0.5ct would be enough, but i want the best quality-price combo for it.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should be able to find a nice half carat emerald cut for your budget. Seems like you are in Europe and want to deal with 77diamonds so people can look there and try to help. I will look later today as well. A G or H color VS 1 or VS 2 depending on the inclusions should be fine assuming the grading is from a reputable lab.

BBazzy

Rough_Rock
Trade
I think you should be able to find a nice half carat emerald cut for your budget. Seems like you are in Europe and want to deal with 77diamonds so people can look there and try to help. I will look later today as well. A G or H color VS 1 or VS 2 depending on the inclusions should be fine assuming the grading is from a reputable lab.

Thanks a lot!

TXwidow

Shiny_Rock
I think he means emerald 'shape', i.c. 'cut' rather than an actual emerald.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think he means emerald 'shape', i.c. 'cut' rather than an actual emerald.

Yes, that's why I said Emerald Cut and recommended G/H color VS1 or VS2.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results