shape
carat
color
clarity

Help locating this setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bbfifas

Rough_Rock
WOW, I stumbled on this setting and its amazing. Unique and modern:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/quest-custom-asscher-setting-hand-pics.90570/

Is that completely custom? anyone know of something similar to this that I can find? Thanks!

Hi,
That type of setting is sometimes called a bridge setting. That one in particular is from Quest in VA and was a custom item, but I believe there are others out there, hopefully someone else''s memory will be better than mine.

Is the Bridge setting also considered a tension setting?

Does it have the same dangers a tension ring will have in regards to a stone coming loose?

It's not a tension setting, the four prongs hold the stone in place. Bridge settings do tend to be tall and are therefore easier to knock around on things, but should be no less secure than any other prong setting. All setting should be inspected regularly to be sure the stone is secure.

I think Pearlman's has one as well, a google search came up with many variations on this type of setting, but none from a vendor that I recognized.

ETA: Hmm, all I can find at Pearlmans is this Sholt which is similar but not as sleek as the one you posted.

This thread with a similar question might be useful to you. There are a lot of them on Overstock.com, but I would be skeptical of the quality.

yea I just browsed 30 pages (lol) on Pearlmans to no avail....Thanks for helping

That looks like a Verragio style like this

Verragio has more settings like this in their classic collection

Cool thanks. I ended up seeing that too. Now I can''t seem to find a price for it though..

Here''s one at Zales for $2500 with a .6ish center and ~1 ct in the band. Here''s a .5 ct tcw from Kay for $1000. You might want to consider calling Quest for a quote on the setting that you posted. Or you could buy a few off overstock, keep the best looking one and have someone mount your center locally. Personally, I''d rather use a better vendor than Zales or overstock.

I just googled "verragio eng-0069P" and found a couple of places that carry the setting. BUT, I think your best bet may be to have it custom made for you by a PS jeweler of someone else. I am saving about over $2000 by having my setting custom made. Kind of shocking if you think about it. Good luck.

Here is a similar type of setting from Whiteflash
ring1
Here is another Whiteflash- It''s a split shank... A little different from the bridge setting.
ring2

Thanks for finding those. Those other bridge ones are not symmetrical on the prongs like the OP. I think I might contact someone on a custom setting, that might be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP