color
clarity

Help me choose from these 2 H&As

wakawaka1337

Rough_Rock
I can get this 2.63ct VS1 D for ~$1-1.1k

or
2.33ct VVS2 E for $830

Which would you go for? my priorities are consistency in contrast (I want all the arrows to show up) and then brilliance/fire.

WIth the 2.33ct one I am concerned about post growth shenanigans. Does it look hazy to you guys or is it just a bad quality vid?

With the 2.63ct, is it worth $200-300 more? Am I overthinking it?

Seems like y'all are the go to experts @Kim N @DejaWiz

Whatchu guys think?:pray:

I can get this 2.63ct VS1 D for ~$1-1.1k

or
2.33ct VVS2 E for $830

Which would you go for? my priorities are consistency in contrast (I want all the arrows to show up) and then brilliance/fire.

WIth the 2.33ct one I am concerned about post growth shenanigans. Does it look hazy to you guys or is it just a bad quality vid?

With the 2.63ct, is it worth $200-300 more? Am I overthinking it?
Just realized I swapped the videos

I love the cut on the 2.63ct VS1 D. And that’s a great price.

The 2.33 isn’t available - did you buy it? Looked good to me, but like the D better.

I love the cut on the 2.63ct VS1 D. And that’s a great price.

The 2.33 isn’t available - did you buy it? Looked good to me, but like the D better.

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I reserved that one first I think vendor is going to send me a video of that. But in that process I saw the 2.63 one. Would you say the D is worth the $200-300 more? My concern was post growth haziness for the 2.33 but I have nothing to compare it to

My budget was ~1.2k for up to 2.8ct diamond. From the research I've done so far, it seems like the D is the best I can get in my budget. However, do I really need to get that one? My fiancé wouldn't know the difference :lol: I'm just a perfectionist

I feel like the D has more edge to edge brightness. And in general, bigger is always better bc DSS sets in.

And you're getting 0.3ct more diamond which is pretty good at $200-300. But finances are personal, so you're the only one who can really say if it's worth the money.

Happy for your upcoming engagement!

I like the proportions of this one a little more than the other two.

I feel like the D has more edge to edge brightness. And in general, bigger is always better bc DSS sets in.

And you're getting 0.3ct more diamond which is pretty good at $200-300. But finances are personal, so you're the only one who can really say if it's worth the money.

Happy for your upcoming engagement!

What's DSS? Diamond size syndrome? Lol. Yeah I'm leaning towards the D one now. Thank you

I saw that one too. Cut is better but one of the arrows is too light. I want the consistency between all 8 arrows

:cry::cry:

A lurker must have snagged the D stone from under me. I thought my jeweler had it reserved. Guess not. Ugh just when I was satisfied.

If anyone finds a good H&A looking diamond 2.5+ ct, consistent arrows for around 1-1.2k let me know :(sad

I saw that one too. Cut is better but one of the arrows is too light. I want the consistency between all 8 arrows

Lighting and camera setup can certainly affect the appearance of the arrows. One needs a H&A Scope, Ideal-Scope, or ASET Scope to see consistent arrows patterning.

How noticable is the dead arrow? :???:

Lighting and camera setup can certainly affect the appearance of the arrows. One needs a H&A Scope, Ideal-Scope, or ASET Scope to see consistent arrows patterning.

Sigh I would need to get it in person for that. All these online retailers don't provide it. What are your thoughts on the 2.33 one?

Here are some videos they sent me on it:

Sigh I would need to get it in person for that. All these online retailers don't provide it. What are your thoughts on the 2.33 one?

Here are some videos they sent me on it:

It'll likely favor more fire with the 40.6/35.6/56 combo in direct lighting conditions. The brilliance looks really nice, but I'm wondering if there's a bit of painting causing the darker patches over the arrow tips.

It'll likely favor more fire with the 40.6/35.6/56 combo in direct lighting conditions. The brilliance looks really nice, but I'm wondering if there's a bit of painting causing the darker patches over the arrow tips.

What is painting/what usually causes it? I haven't seen that term yet in my research

I decided to pass on this one. Looking for something in the 2.5-2.9 range now. The hunt begins again

What is painting/what usually causes it? I haven't seen that term yet in my research

I decided to pass on this one. Looking for something in the 2.5-2.9 range now. The hunt begins again

Any adjustments to color, clarity, and/or budget?
We can help you search, if you'd like.

Any adjustments to color, clarity, and/or budget?
We can help you search, if you'd like.

Help would be greatly appreciated. It's kinda all on the value. I like getting the best bang for the buck.

Budget: I think hard cap @ 1.5k, Ideally I would be hitting ~1k, could go up to 1.2k for the right price

Color: F+ strongly preferred; G if it's a really unique stone

Clarity: VVS2+ preferred; I don't mind VS1 but there are a lot of crappy VS1s to wade through.

Weight: trying to find 2.5ct+, capped at 2.9ct, Ideally 2.6-2.8ct

I would like to be able to see all the arrows at the same time; It's just aesthetically pleasing to me. I also lean slightly towards a bit more fire I think.

I have 4 new stones I am deciding between but I don't want to post them here in case someone snags them. Anyway I can DM you?

TIA!

34.9/40.7/57 $~1.5k

Concerns:
this one is not classified as a H&A, also it is CVD with possible post growth treatment

34.5/40.8/57 $~1.45k

Concerns:
this one is a H&A & HPHT but doesn't seem to pop to me. The ^ one above looks to have more fire and better contrast on the arrows

34.8/40.7/56 $~1.3k

Concerns:
this one is classified as a H&A, but it is CVD with possible post growth treatment. I like the fire but the cut doesn't seem to be as clean? Does it look hazy/grainy/ striations? Also color is more yellow/peach. Also the highest weight

35.1/40.6/57 $~1.2k

Concerns:
this one is technically the cheapest/smallest and it is the most "bland". Not classified as a H&A but it is HPHT

What to choose what to choose...hmmm...

Last edited:
At the moment, my laptop isn't letting me see the first three, but #4 looks great to my eye! No blue nuance. No striations. Great cut. I'm eager to see what others say.

I like 2. 1 has visible CVD grain/strain, 3 doesn’t look as precisely cut, 4 has thinner arrows than I prefer and may have slight blue nuance.

I genuinely think it's the photography set-up.

Here are a few other options I would consider, but that D is still my personal top choice.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP