shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find, or is this a good price?

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
I found this necklace on freepeople for $195usd, is that a decent price for something like this? I have zero pearl world knowledge, just love the colors and different sizes and freeform shapes. If this price is crazy, does anyone know where I can find something like this? TIA!

Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 2.32.41 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 3.20.56 PM.png

oh my that is SO pretty!

Last edited:
I found this necklace on freepeople for $195usd, is that a decent price for something like this? I have zero pearl world knowledge, just love the colors and different sizes and freeform shapes. If this price is crazy, does anyone know where I can find something like this? TIA!

Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 2.32.41 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 3.20.56 PM.png

For real?
I'm gonna say it if nobody does, this is for children and it's worth close to nothing.
If you paid more than 10$ for this you got robbed. Those are low quality dyed freshwater pearls.

You can go on Etsy and buy so much better quality for a lot less.
195$, the nerve!
This is sooo much better:

Last edited:
That is a greatly overpriced necklace of dyed freshwater pearls. But I get it-- you like the colors and the overall offbeat look.
I'm sure you can find something with that colorful vibe for less money.

@Gloria27 @pearlsngems thank you for the response! I know absolutely zilch about pearls, and yes you're right I just like the colors and random shapes all put together. I've been looking at etsy but only find the bead pearls to make something like this, which I'm not up for and am looking for a finished necklace.

I didn't purchase this, but I have no clue where I'd look to find something similar at a decent price other than etsy (which I've had no luck with finding).

@Gloria27 @pearlsngems thank you for the response! I know absolutely zilch about pearls, and yes you're right I just like the colors and random shapes all put together. I've been looking at etsy but only find the bead pearls to make something like this, which I'm not up for and am looking for a finished necklace.

I didn't purchase this, but I have no clue where I'd look to find something similar at a decent price other than etsy (which I've had no luck with finding).

No worries, it's just that you can get the look with higher quality pearls and charms. You might want to check out this seller: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/OceanRhyme?ref=shop-header-name&listing_id=1293617874&from_page=listing

I have a suggestion. Go to anywhere they sell inexpensive dyed freshwater pearls (even craft stores have them), buy a variety of colors and shapes that appeal to you (you may find mixed color strands, which is even better) , and knot up your own strand! Stores that sell beads also sell clasps.
It really is not hard to do. I can point you to a tutorial I wrote-- google these terms: "Stringing Tutorial with photos: Stringing on Serafil, Beaders Secret & Power Pro".

I think it's pretty. Maybe a bit overpriced. It can be hard to get that many colors in some cities if you want to make your own, but you could certainly make a version of that. I did a few years ago with this:20240914_120708.jpg

Thanks everyone! I'm going to try hunting around, it may end up being my winter diy project :) @Begonia your necklace is gorgeous!

it's actually a lot of fun making your own jewelry. You can get it just the way you like it.
These aren't pearls but I made these two necklaces.

This one most recently, knotted on hemp:
new hemp station necklace small forum.jpeg

This one last year, on beading wire:

Swarovski GeoCubes necklace small forum.jpeg

it's actually a lot of fun making your own jewelry. You can get it just the way you like it.
These aren't pearls but I made these two necklaces.

This one most recently, knotted on hemp:
new hemp station necklace small forum.jpeg

This one last year, on beading wire:

Swarovski GeoCubes necklace small forum.jpeg

I think my fear would be my knots not holding and beads going everywhere when I'm out somewhere!

I think my fear would be my knots not holding and beads going everywhere when I'm out somewhere!

No no. Won't happen if assembled correctly. Take a beading class at your local bead store :)

I back-knot through the final 4 pearls (that's 3 knots) on each end of the necklace. I've strung many necklaces and never had the knots come undone.
If you want to you could dab a drop of glue on one of the end knots (I use G-S Hypo-Cement which is easy to find and inexpensive) to be extra sure. I have never found the need, however.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP