shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me Please!

Should I keep original purplish French Cut sapphires in the remake or do Red Ruby French Cuts?

• Total voters

HS4S_2

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Original:
20180710_090038_20180710095155190.jpg20180710_102550.jpg

Or the color of Rubies from this ring. They will be cut the same as the original Sapphires.

1000022226.jpg1000021995.jpg1000021796.jpg1000021794.jpg1000021427.jpg

Ooh, that round diamond with the rubies is pretty. But the ring in question is too, in a different, more moody way.

So now I'm confused. First, I believe you recently posted a ring that looks a lot like the one in question. But that's a different ring?

Also, are you for sure going to have the ring in question re-made, or is the choice between having it remade with rubies or leaving it as it is? I don't understand because I think you're saying you might keep the sapphires as they are. But you'd still change other things about the ring, then?

Another possibility re having the ring with the sapphires re-made, is to consider having it made into a bracelet or necklace, or ring design that goes with one of those other delicious diamond rings, so you can wear more of them at once. If you want to wear more of them at once, that is.

Or leaving that ring as it is, if you like it, and putting the money toward an additional piece?

Sorry if I'm too far off-topic.

I say blue but ether will be beautiful! I just adore blue sapphires with diamonds.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

This original was sold and I purchased a yellow rose cut to remake the ring. The rose cut is a little bigger than the original and fly VS w/x in color. Everything else about the ring will remain the same. I am just on the fence about the halo color.

I think rubies would be prettier with the W/X color rose cut. Just my opinion though, either way it will be stunning!

I think a gray would be cool.

Attachments

• IMG_1871.jpeg
    IMG_1871.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 6
If it's got a yellow undertone, red would work better

I voted “Other”

If your center stone was colorless, I would say… ONYX!!!!

But since it’s much warmer … hmmm, what about amethyst??! That would be gorgeous with the yellow warmth of your new stone!

What about emerald, just to throw in another option? :lol: Always pretty with yellow and different from what you have!

I came back to catch up and changed my vote! After reading the new stone specs, I would lean red, but, I hesitate to suggest it because you have that in your collection. Any suggestions from Caysie??

2 rings one of each?

I am going to vote rubies too!

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

This original was sold and I purchased a yellow rose cut to remake the ring. The rose cut is a little bigger than the original and fly VS w/x in color. Everything else about the ring will remain the same. I am just on the fence about the halo color.

Okay, in that case I also prefer the red. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

I love the ruby with the yellow gold but you already have that so I vote "other". I dont know what "other' would be
but something brighter that stands out a little more would be my choice.

Are you looking to increase contrast to make the yellow stand out or add more color because you enjoy multicolor pieces or to add to the piece because just the center is incomplete? I think to recommend a color or design component, rather than just one we like, we need to understand your goal for the halo.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP