shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me reset my 2ct OEC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I am looking for ideas for a new setting for my OEC. While I love the setting it is in now, I just don''''t feel like my OEC is the "Star of the show." So, when my setting sells, I have the go ahead from DH to get something new. I want something that looks vintage. Let me know of any ideas you have and post pics!! First, a pic of the current setting....

Burk

Ideal_Rock

oeccollagering.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Settings I like from Singlestone...

singlsstoesettings.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Also like this...

39B13.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, you might have more luck asking admin to move this to Rocky Talk. That thread gets a TON more traffic.

BTW your stone is gorgeous!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Here is another thought I have...I could have this setting re-created by my jeweler.

ericasettingcopy.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
EMPTorres~That setting is fabulous! I had never seen it before. Thank you!

kbarro1

Shiny_Rock
Have you thought about doing something that is Legacy inspired??? I am in the process now of having one made and was heavily inspired by Dan at Stone Oak Jewelers in Texas. Now, I will say that he is VERY blunt and sometimes seems to be a little unpleasant, but if you can forgo that, you will get a specatcular piece of work. Here is the thread with gardnerranch''s Tiffany Legacy inspired ring that is AMAZING! Also, you can check out his website at www.stoneoakjewelers.com. Good Luck!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tiffany-inspired-legacy-with-graduated-side-stones.80010/

EMPTorres

Shiny_Rock
How about something like "diamondnut''s" ring? Her set is amazing, your OEC would really stop traffic. Plus then you can wear your other bands stacked with it.

Diamondnut I hope you don''t mind me posting your set.

diamondnut.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi,

I would go with Singlestone for this project....their settings are FAB!!! I love the one you posted in the bottom right corner (the settings from SS). I also love diamondnut''s set.

Good luck!!!!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Your stone is beautiful! I just adore the settings from Singlestone, esp. the ones with diamonds all down the shank. I don''t think I''ve ever seen them do a setting that wasn''t absolutely incredible. I also like the other trio you posted as "ericasettingcopy", but I don''t know if I''d go with that much volume in the basket - just a personal preference for a little more visible pavilion action. It''s lovely. Is there a link to that ring? I
30.gif
the WB.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2008 10:54:37 PM
Author: Dani
Hi,

I would go with Singlestone for this project....their settings are FAB!!! I love the one you posted in the bottom right corner (the settings from SS). I also love diamondnut''s set.

Good luck!!!!
I love all the settings from them! Very pretty; also love Leon mege. I bet he could come up with something vintage.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/25/2008 3:34:44 PM
Author: Burk
Here is another thought I have...I could have this setting re-created by my jeweler.
Is this ring also by Singlestone? I think it is beautiful, but I would not try to have someone reproduce it!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2008 3:34:44 PM
I agree with DS, I adore this setting!!
Burk, where did you find these pics??

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock

---

Is Diamondnut's setting the Ritani endless love ? ?

Burke - your stone is just, oh-my-goodness - Heavenly ! ! I love the Singlestone setting that you put in the bottom row, left side, also.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Do you want a vintage or repro setting or any setting so long as you love it? You''ve only shown vintage style settings so I''m thinking its the former, yes? SS has great settings and so many types, if you can get to them that''s the best plan as you can see them in person. If you want simplicity, check out facetfire''s setting...it''s contemporary but looks incredible with an OEC.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your responses!!! Ari emailed me back with prices and more pics of all the Singlestone settings. I will post some of his pics tomorrow (I''m not a big fan of my home computer so I''ll do it from work) for anyone interested....they are all fantastic!!!

As for the setting I said my jeweler would have to create: the person whom the setting belonged to had it custom made. She had issues with workmanship of the setting and ending up taking it back. She provided me with the pics and would be able to get me more pics, should I got that route, so that my jeweler had those to work from...

I LOVE Diamondnuts setting (sonomacountry I believe it''s from Leon) and I think going to Leon or the setting similar to it from Singlestone are the frontrunners right now. I am still trying to sell my current setting before DH will let me start this project so I have time for lots of research!!
2.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Surfgirl~We must have posted at the same time. I'm actually up for anything. If I could find something that was truely vintage that would be awesome but probably my best bet is going to be a repro...Sad thing is there is no chance of my going to SS in person as I live in Nebraska!!
7.gif

By the way, I LOVE your ring!!!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
You might see if Ari can ship you 2-3 styles you most love so you can see them in person...just a thought...

Thanks for the compliment!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! Andra''s new ring is fabulous!!

Here are some pics Ari sent me of the front runner for my new setting....thoughts?

SafeRedirect-1.jpeg

Burk

Ideal_Rock

SafeRedirect.jpeg

Burk

Ideal_Rock

SafeRedirect-2.jpeg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
style="WIDTH: 98.11%; HEIGHT: 76px">Date: 4/28/2008 9:03:08 AM

Here are some pics Ari sent me of the front runner for my new setting....thoughts?
Very pretty, I like!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, too funny you should post her ring because when I saw it I was like "that looks so much like mine!" Here''s a side pic of my reset...they look a lot alike!

burkresetpic.jpg

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Burk, I just love your OEC!
30.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and welcome back! I missed that you were away visiting and was worried about you over in the HL thread!
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results