shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP! Measurement of side stones for my setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DLFB

Rough_Rock
So I finally got my diamond today and it looks good! It's "bigger" than I expected it to be which is a plus. It's a J color with SB fluo

Anyhow, I'd like to take the next step of preparing/getting my setting done. My stone measures:5.76 x 5.80 x 3.54 mm

I have a multi-stone setting in mind, with 10 on each side and 2 stones underneath my diamond.

Question:

How big should my side stones be? I'm thinking of a 3.5mm width for the band itself - can I do 3mm? How about the 2 stones underneath, can I go up to 3.5mm?

Also, I don't know whether to go with WG 14k or 18k or Palladium. They say 18k WG will be a bit yellowish than 14k but I'm a bit confused now. I gave my GF a "promise ring" before which was an 18k and I thought it was as white as it can be.

I don't want the side stones to overwhelm my diamond so I know it's crucial that the side stones aren't close to its size.

PS
pictures were taken from Show me the Ring and various websites

double u prong #4.jpg

2 stones underneath the diamond

YY1.jpg

side stones (tiffany setting)

YY2.jpg

I am sure Whiteflash do a setting that is almost what you are looking for. You would have to add the suprise diamonds. Check out their website and give them a call to see if they can add the suprise stones.

Thanks honey.

I''m pretty sure they can do it :)

Anyhow, anyone wanna help me out with the side stone and surprise stone measurements?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP