shape
carat
color
clarity

Help pick a round diamond - lost on quality

Bricklayer101

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I’m having some trouble selecting a diamond and would really appreciate your advice. I’m looking for something in the 1-1.25 carat range, and I’ve narrowed it down to these three options:

@DejaWiz , I’ve seen your thoughtful insights here and on Reddit, and I’d love to hear your thoughts on my selection if you have the time.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

I like the 1.09 the best, although I doubt you'd be able to tell the difference among the three.

I prefer the cuts on the 1.09 and 1.08 slightly over the 1.06. And yes to what @Kim N said - I bet they will all be indistinguishable with the naked eye.

Is this for a ring? Pendant?

I prefer the cuts on the 1.09 and 1.08 slightly over the 1.06. And yes to what @Kim N said - I bet they will all be indistinguishable with the naked eye.

Is this for a ring? Pendant?

Ring - Solitaire.
Happy to hear that the 1.09 is the better one (out of the 3) as I was already leaning towards that one.

On a separate note, I opted to skip IGI-graded stones due to their certificates being less detailed compared to GCAL's. Do you think I might have missed out on better options by doing so?

You may have been able to save some money by going IGI, but the GCAL imaging is definitely helpful. How much is that stone?

Hi all,

I’m having some trouble selecting a diamond and would really appreciate your advice. I’m looking for something in the 1-1.25 carat range, and I’ve narrowed it down to these three options:

@DejaWiz , I’ve seen your thoughtful insights here and on Reddit, and I’d love to hear your thoughts on my selection if you have the time.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Toss up between the 1.08 and 1.09 - they both appear to have the better scope images.
Whichever one speaks to you more or represents the better price per carat.

You may have been able to save some money by going IGI, but the GCAL imaging is definitely helpful. How much is that stone?

Looks like the 1.09 and 1.08 are each around $850

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics