shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Please! Helzberg vs Blue Nile Pics

Michael1357

Rough_Rock
So, I will be proposing to my gf very soon and I have a dilemma about which engagement ring to give her. This is my first diamond purchase and I've learned quite a bit in the recent weeks. So I have two rings(I'll be returning one of course, 1 I made myself on Blue Nile and the other from Helzberg Diamonds. I understand the dangers of buying from mall jewelry stores and the lack of quality in relation to price. I thought hands down the Blue Nile is the better choice but once I showed my 2 sisters and my mother I began second guessing myself. They all said they liked the diamond from Helzberg! Can you guys give me your thoughts and opinions?

Blue Nile: 0.81 carat Ex Cut H Color SI(eye clean) Ex Polish and Symmetry Dept 61.7 Table 58 and GIA certified

Helzberg: Total weight around 2 carats, Center stone 0.30 carat, Halo and Side diamonds make up the rest of the weight. No certification, Really couldnt tell me the color or clarity of the diamonds as well.

I guess size really does matter to women first?
Oh sorry the Blue Nile ring Cost 3,400$ and the Helzberg 4,000$ and came with matching band

Here are the pics below:
Helzberg
helzberg_4.jpg

Blue Nile
bn.jpg

My guess is it's the setting they love, but the blue nile diamond has the value there, a setting is something you can always change when buying a loose stone. Plus bluenile has an upgrade policy

Blue Nile all the way! Although the Helzberg is more expensive I'm sure it's value is a lot lower than the Blue Nile too. You were right so stick your instincts. She could always add a halo at a later date if she wants. To me, the Helzberg looks cheap in the photo - I appreciate it may look much better in RL. However their inability to tell you or evidence anything about the quality of the centre stone raises a massive red flag.
Good luck and wishing you both a very happy future together x

Michael1357|1406329721|3720692 said:
Blue Nile: 0.81 carat Ex Cut H Color SI(eye clean) Ex Polish and Symmetry Dept 61.7 Table 58 and GIA certified

Helzberg: Total weight around 2 carats, Center stone 0.30 carat, Halo and Side diamonds make up the rest of the weight. No certification, Really couldnt tell me the color or clarity of the diamonds as well.

I guess size really does matter to women first?
Oh sorry the Blue Nile ring Cost 3,400$ and the Helzberg 4,000$ and came with matching band
Return it now!

Thanks for the input and well wishes! I guess it must be the setting that they love but I'll definitely stick with the Blue Nile. I think quality should always win, besides she'll love either choice regardless. Lol I was just shocked that Blue Nile didn't get any love amongst my family. Made me think twice about it....

Hellsnoberg.

The solitaire from Blue Nile.

lambskin|1406335225|3720733 said:
Hellsnoberg.

:lol: :lol:

Get rid of the overpriced junk from Helzberg! :knockout: :knockout:

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP