shape
carat
color
clarity

Help shopping for 2ct Hearts and Arrows Cushion Cut

outandabout

Rough_Rock
I'm looking for a 2ct ish cushion cut diamond with a hearts and arrows (H&A) cut. Color of F or better, clarity of VS1 or better. I love this one from Brian Gavin, but it's more than I'd like to spend https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...ab/products/2-20-f-vs1-bg-premium-lab-cushion

I see Adiamor recommended here, but I don't know anything about this company. I also didn't see them on this list https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/list-of-mmd-laboratory-grown-diamond-sellers.247602/ The videos look like there are way more inclusions that in the IGI report, but I'm wondering if it's just the diamond is actually dirty or something?

I really like this ring, but I don't see an equivalent on adiamor https://www.ritani.com/products/sol...h-diamond-collar-metal-platinum-shape-cushion

So my questions are:
1. Is Adiamor a good place to order from? How accurate are their images? Can I get them to send me a tweezer video or something more realistic before I buy?
2. Which of the 4 options would be better?
3. I found all of these by just exhaustively visually searching through everything within my parameters. Is there a better way to find hearts and arrows?
3. Will a local jeweler set a loose stone into the ring from ritani for me? What should I expect to pay for that?

joe2

Shiny_Rock
I seriously doubt this is a true H&A. The experts will need to give you their input on possible performance, cut and crystal issues.

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm looking for a 2ct ish cushion cut diamond with a hearts and arrows (H&A) cut. Color of F or better, clarity of VS1 or better. I love this one from Brian Gavin, but it's more than I'd like to spend https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...ab/products/2-20-f-vs1-bg-premium-lab-cushion

I see Adiamor recommended here, but I don't know anything about this company. I also didn't see them on this list https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/list-of-mmd-laboratory-grown-diamond-sellers.247602/ The videos look like there are way more inclusions that in the IGI report, but I'm wondering if it's just the diamond is actually dirty or something?

I really like this ring, but I don't see an equivalent on adiamor https://www.ritani.com/products/sol...h-diamond-collar-metal-platinum-shape-cushion

So my questions are:
1. Is Adiamor a good place to order from? How accurate are their images? Can I get them to send me a tweezer video or something more realistic before I buy?
2. Which of the 4 options would be better?
3. I found all of these by just exhaustively visually searching through everything within my parameters. Is there a better way to find hearts and arrows?
3. Will a local jeweler set a loose stone into the ring from ritani for me? What should I expect to pay for that?

None are going to be close to the BGD in terms of quality. I wouldn't choose any of these. We can find better I think.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I seriously doubt this is a true H&A. The experts will need to give you their input on possible performance, cut and crystal issues.

Maybe not true H&A but I like it

joe2

Shiny_Rock
I was hoping you would like it. (I'm learning slowly but surely)

Last edited:

joe2

Shiny_Rock

outandabout

When you find the stone you want contact Ritani, ask if they will source and price match the stone, set it in the setting you like and ship it. Can't hurt to ask.

outandabout

Rough_Rock
None are going to be close to the BGD in terms of quality. I wouldn't choose any of these. We can find better I think.

Thank you. I'm not set on these, but I'm not sure where else to look. Do you have any recommendations?

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
You have to be realistic about your budget. You won't get a H&A cushion at 2ct for $2000. What are you willing to sacrifice/stretch? Size? Budget?

You definitely don't want the 4 stones you picked out. They aren't cut well at all. @joe2 has a decent choice. It's not BG H&A quality, but it's better cut than your other 4.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have to be realistic about your budget. You won't get a H&A cushion at 2ct for $2000. What are you willing to sacrifice/stretch? Size? Budget?

You definitely don't want the 4 stones you picked out. They aren't cut well at all. @joe2 has a decent choice. It's not BG H&A quality, but it's better cut than your other 4.

This

outandabout

Rough_Rock

Budget.
I am struggling to find a place other than BG that even has H&A diamonds distinctly marked. I need help understanding what to look for and where to get a good value.

What is the price range for a H&A 2ct cushion with G or better and VS1 or better?

joe2

Shiny_Rock
When you are on brilliance are you clicking on the circle with the arrow in it? It looks the same to me. Look at the inclusions and compare the two spin videos.

Last edited:

outandabout

Rough_Rock
When you are on brilliance are you clicking on the circle with the arrow in it? It looks the same to me. Look at the inclusions and compare the two spin videos.

You're right, that's my bad. I was having a really hard time to get that site to even load. I never got to the video loading and was looking at the image clearly labeled sample image like an idiot.

I couldn't get the GIA cert to load on Brilliance and couldn't get the search to work when I tried the GIA number directly.

joe2

Shiny_Rock
Diamond hunting can be frustrating and overwhelming at times. I'm just a guy that likes diamonds. I ran across that one and I posted it so the experts can take a look and advize you. You got this. You are at a wounderful place to get truly expert advice. Be picky but realistic. Good luck!
GIA cert didn't load for me on brilliance.

outandabout

Rough_Rock
Do you have any tips on how you found the one you recommended so quickly? I see it's also on Ritani, but for $1400 more. I can't imagine they will price match that much. They have the ring I really want, so it would be easier if I could find a stone I want there too, but I HATE how hard it is to search their site because you have to click into every diamond and watch the spinning video to see how it's cut. Any third party sites you're using to speed things up?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have any tips on how you found the one you recommended so quickly? I see it's also on Ritani, but for $1400 more. I can't imagine they will price match that much. They have the ring I really want, so it would be easier if I could find a stone I want there too, but I HATE how hard it is to search their site because you have to click into every diamond and watch the spinning video to see how it's cut. Any third party sites you're using to speed things up?

Ask about price matching! They might do it

outandabout

Rough_Rock
Ask about price matching! They might do it

I definitely plan on calling them on Monday, but it's a $1400ish difference and they show their markup is $1700ish, so I'm not super hopeful.

I did find this other one in their site as well, but I can't find it anywhere else. What are your thoughts about it compared to Joe's recommendation?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely plan on calling them on Monday, but it's a $1400ish difference and they show their markup is $1700ish, so I'm not super hopeful.

I did find this other one in their site as well, but I can't find it anywhere else. What are your thoughts about it compared to Joe's recommendation?

Hmmm. Theoretically this one looks more precise. But it's hard to judge when the two videos are different angles and lighting

joe2

Shiny_Rock

outandabout

I know enough to know that I don't know enough to recommend any diamond. Please remember-----I'm just a guy that likes diamonds. I ran across that one and I posted it so the experts could take a look at it and advize you.-----then I shopped it, found a little better price and posted that info. If I somehow mislead you about my abilities I apologize. Others here are truly experts. You get honest, straight forward, factual expert evaluations. I'm here to learn and I try to help on the hunt. (sometimes I help sometimes I hurt) I love the truth, I love the facts and my loved ones love their new (spectacular at times) diamonds.

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

outandabout

I know enough to know that I don't know enough to recommend any diamond. Please remember-----I'm just a guy that likes diamonds. I ran across that one and I posted it so the experts could take a look at it and advize you.-----then I shopped it, found a little better price and posted that info. If I somehow mislead you about my abilities I apologize. Others here are truly experts. You get honest, straight forward, factual expert evaluations. I'm here to learn and I try to help on the hunt. (sometimes I help sometimes I hurt) I love the truth, I love the facts and my loved ones love their new (spectacular at times) diamonds.

I think the one you found is solid!

cushion4eva

Rough_Rock
Hey, I just found my own H&A cushion on LGD. What I found helpful was to use Brilliant Earth and James Allen to browse, then either search by the cert # or by the specs on different sites. Don’t bother looking if the date on the report is older than 2024 because most likely old stock in their own inventory.

I also found that it was easier to sort by the highest price. A pattern I saw with GIA diamonds is that they rate H&A cuts as VG instead of ideal. So make sure you don’t filter on the cut grade. Best of luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results