shape
carat
color
clarity

Help start 20th Anniversary Project

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

msimplyred

Rough_Rock

Hello everyone-

I have been lurking and totally infatuated with PS for the past month. Our 20th wedding anniversary
41.gif
is 11 months away and my husband and I are starting to discuss an anniversary ring for me. I''m hoping you could point us in the right direction for our questions:
1. Is it too soon to start looking and piecing the ring together?
2. I''m considering a yellow diamond for the center, with side stones. Budget for entire project is between $8k and $10k, is this workable and what size stones might we be able to look at? We''re not dead set on the yellow...my husband hasn''t fallen in love with them yet. BTW, I did look at Gemesis stones but they are much too vivid for my tastes.
3. What cut(s) and other specifics are best suited to display a yellow? I''ve tried to do a diamond search here on PS but I don''t know what specs to fill in.
4. I''d like my ring to be considerably wider than a traditional e-ring but I''m not sure I''m interested in the traditional 3-stone rings that are so popular right now. I think I favor a more unusual or unique style but not necessarily contemporary. I have attached pics of my original wedding set and the band we purchased as an impulse buy on our 10th anniversary on a cruise-ship. Both rings are mixed color--the wedding set is platinum and yellow gold, the 10th anniversary is white & yellow gold. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks, in advance, for any and all your suggestions! I can''t wait to hear your thoughts!

MSwedding set.JPG

Here''s a picture of the 10th anniv. ring.

MS10th anniv.JPG

Welcome!

What I would do is to approach a vendor that you would like to work with and ask them if they can source you a yellow diamond. Sometimes it can take a while to find the right diamond, so an early start can be useful! As to cut quality, colour is everything with a fancy colour diamond and they are usually cut in order to maximise the colour of the stone, as the colour is above all the crucial factor.

I would suggest checking out the vendors below, see which might be able to help you source what you are looking for and go from there. If you decide to go with just a well cut white diamond, many of the vendors listed can help you with that too.

www.engagementringsdirect.com

www.goodoldgold.com

www.winkjones.com

www.whiteflash.com

www.diamondsbylauren.com

http://www.etienneperret.com/colored-diamond-jewelry/colored-diamonds

Definitely not too early, esp to find a good yellow - I would start with the Diamonds by Lauren site that Lorelei posted - getting acquainted with yellows (they have a good page to give you an idea of what the different ranges are in the lighter colors)

ETA: early Happy 20th!

Yes def look at Diamonds by Lauren, they are really great for colored diamonds. I personally think a radiant show off a colored diamond best.

I would also like to suggest icestore.com for colored diamonds, they are a pricescope vendor and it looks like they can get you lots of options.

For white diamonds tho i would recommend whiteflash.com, goodoldgold.com, and jamesallen.com. Goodluck on your search, and congrats on 20 years
36.gif
...Keep us around for you diamond journey
21.gif

It''s definitely not too early to start - I think coloured diamonds are much more individual and harder to find than white rounds. I would add my recommendation to those above to check out DBL and Icestore.

One more thought - since you wanted something "wider than usual" but not a 3-stone, would you consider setting an oval/cushion or rectangular (radiant or emerald cut) east-west rather than north-south? If you check out NeatFreak''s avatar, that''s a good example of what I mean.

Finally, congratulations on your 20th anniversary - welcome to the club! (We celebrated ours this Tuesday)

Hello everyone,

Thanks so much for all your well wishes and ideas. I''m on the hunt and will check out every one of your suggestions.

LL--What does it mean to "source" a diamond? I am very glad you answered my post....I''ve been reading your replies and posts here so was hoping you would offer some advice to me!

Breann----Those are definitely more along what I''m looking for!! I''ve never tried on one of the (I think they are) halo''s so I''ll need to stop by a local b&m. Bummer (LOL). And I''ve also been reading a lot of your posts, so thanks for helping me!

OMC--Congrats on your 20th!!!! Doesn''t it just fly by? I''ve not considered the east west but anything''s worth trying at this stage. I''ll also check neatfreaks avatar. Thanks for the suggestions.

So, is our budget anywhere close? Is there a ballpark I should be thinking about for the center stone? Also, if anyone has seen DiaDiva''s avatar.....I simply adore her ring and especially the yellow. She told me it''s a yellow radiant. Any idea/guess how big it is?

Also, I''ve attached a link to one we found. Ever see anything like this from one of your recommended companies?

Thanks again!

http://www.jewelryexpert.com/CATALOG/Yellow-Diamond-Cascade-Ring.htm

Date: 11/29/2008 7:38:14 AM
Author: msimplyred
Hello everyone,

Thanks so much for all your well wishes and ideas. I''m on the hunt and will check out every one of your suggestions.

LL--What does it mean to ''source'' a diamond? I am very glad you answered my post....I''ve been reading your replies and posts here so was hoping you would offer some advice to me!

Breann----Those are definitely more along what I''m looking for!! I''ve never tried on one of the (I think they are) halo''s so I''ll need to stop by a local b&m. Bummer (LOL). And I''ve also been reading a lot of your posts, so thanks for helping me!

OMC--Congrats on your 20th!!!! Doesn''t it just fly by? I''ve not considered the east west but anything''s worth trying at this stage. I''ll also check neatfreaks avatar. Thanks for the suggestions.

So, is our budget anywhere close? Is there a ballpark I should be thinking about for the center stone? Also, if anyone has seen DiaDiva''s avatar.....I simply adore her ring and especially the yellow. She told me it''s a yellow radiant. Any idea/guess how big it is?

Also, I''ve attached a link to one we found. Ever see anything like this from one of your recommended companies?

Thanks again!

http://www.jewelryexpert.com/CATALOG/Yellow-Diamond-Cascade-Ring.htm
Hi Msimplyred
35.gif

What that means is to contact a vendor whom you would like to work with, tell them what you are looking for - e.g - a yellow diamond of round shape of such and such a size and budget, and let them do the searching for you. Some vendors have contacts who might be able to supply what you are looking for, so this can be a good way to proceed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP