shape
carat
color
clarity

Help With a 2-3 carat Round Selection

Stive85

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

Friend of mine is looking for help picking a lab round stone for an ER... Budget of around 3k for the stone.

I'm all for whiteflash, but for a lab cut u don't see the point in paying a premium for the images and vetting when adiamor stones would be almost/just as nice? Am I missing something?

I'm decent at picking rounds but have no clue with regards to labs and sites to use. Any help and links would be awesome.

2-3 carat size
Ideal cut are really only parameters.

Thanks!

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

Friend of mine is looking for help picking a lab round stone for an ER... Budget of around 3k for the stone.

I'm all for whiteflash, but for a lab cut u don't see the point in paying a premium for the images and vetting when adiamor stones would be almost/just as nice? Am I missing something?

I'm decent at picking rounds but have no clue with regards to labs and sites to use. Any help and links would be awesome.

2-3 carat size
Ideal cut are really only parameters.

Thanks!

I'm a touch confused by your criteria and concerns about price increase. You want ideal cut (which to most on this board is defined by H&A, proven light performance from ASET or IS and inspected) but you are questioning the cost justification for whiteflash lab diamonds.

The majority of that price increase from the signature brands goes to providing that information.

To put it more succinctly, how does a vendor prove that their diamond is ideal cut? Because they said so? If their sayso is enough for you, without data, then a non signature cut may be sufficient.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can get a very nicely cut stone from Adiamor or a similar vendor, but they won't be quite as precisely cut as a super ideal cut diamond with the advanced images to prove cut quality.

How much does your friend value super ideal cut quality?

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
In terms of % price increase the difference between reputably branded vs unbranded H&A lab rounds does appear excessive, especially for bigger sizes.

I guess it depends on how much you value the vetting on cut and crystal quality reputable vendors give on lab diamonds.

As long as you don’t expect lower cost vendors to be much more than drop shippers, I think they are fine for loose lab diamonds that comes with lab reports.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results