shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with a marquise lab diamond, please?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
It looks like I'll have to have my ring setting custom made because what I want is simple but specific and I don't see it anywhere. I want a marquise diamond and vintage setting because it will resemble my original one. But the solitaire styles seem to have changed over the past three hundred years haha.

Anyway, what I want is a 2mm 14k yellow gold band with 14k white gold (or platinum) prongs. V-shaped prongs on the ends, along with four other prongs, two on each side. I would like those to be pointy, though. Also, the ring must sit flush with a wedding band.

If I have to have it custom made, I'd rather just get the diamond now, then send it to David Klass later on. I don't really want to have it custom made by an unknown.

Anyone want to help me pick one out? I am looking for a 2.5-3.0 carat marquise, H or better, VS2 or better, the best cut possible, and I also would like it on the fatter side, like a maximum of 1.85 l/w ratio.

Also would prefer to keep it on the cheaper side, maybe under $1,000, or even less, if I can get a decent stone for that I am loving how low some of these prices are! I'm ready to buy now, if I can settle on which one.

Any help much appreciated!

Last edited:
Ugh. I have no idea if I should care about the certification, HPHT vs. CVD etc.

Maybe one of these?

Nevermind, I just bought one of them. Or I guess I should say I ordered it. It still needs to be finalized on their end. :)

proxy
MARQUISE Cut 2.50 CARAT G COLOR VS1 Clarity Lab Grown Diamond
SKU: 541253584
  • Certificate Type:
    IGI
  • Certificate ID:
1​
$1,022.00​

Last edited:
I ended up buying the same diamond from B2C Jewels instead. Or I guess I should say "ordering" because I don't know for sure if it will still be available. I hope it works out this time, my third attempt to buy a lab marquise. Fingers crossed! :)

1724399212860.png

Last edited:
I bought my stone and setting (+matching band) from B2C in 2023. I had brilliant service and love my ring - I get compliments every day, especially on Mon / Tues when I’m at work! This isnt the band I got with the ring - it’s my plain gold band, the matching band has bead set pave to match the setting.
IMG_9608.jpeg

Beautiful! I hope the diamond is everything you want and more!!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP