shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with CADs for bangle?

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
I had a 7-station DBTY bracelet but was so annoyed by the diamonds constantly flipping that I've decided to reset it into a bangle. I also have some smaller diamonds left over from a tennis bracelet resizing that I'm incorporating into this project. My biggest thing has been that I want it to have a star/celestial motif, and that I want the bangle to be oval-sized and hinged to sit super close to my wrist. Given that I'm designing this to fit close to the wrist, I've decided to concentrate the diamonds on the top of the bangle since, in theory, it will still close enough to the wrist that it won't rotate. I'm torn right now between two different iterations of the design, and I'd love some help deciding.

This first one is 5 of the larger diamonds with star etching and the smaller ones flush-set in between:

BeFunky-collage1.jpg
Celestial Bracelet_2.jpg
This second one is basically the same but with more diamonds - this one has all 7 of the larger diamonds with the star etching and the smaller ones flush-set in between.
BeFunky-collage.jpg

Celestial Bracelet_3.jpg

I'm torn between because on one hand, I want to maximize the sparkle/diamonds, so the second version with more diamonds would make sense. However, I'm concerned that it might be too much/too crowded/too busy. I'm not sure. Even with these renderings, I have a really hard time envisioning what something will look like in real life. I'd love any thoughts/suggestions. And if there's anything in general that I haven't mentioned regarding these CADs that I should consider/change, I'd love to hear it! TIA for any thoughts/advice!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Both options look lovely to me. While I personally like the second one best, it is most important for you to get what you love. I would suggest asking for a wax model
of each design as it might help you to decide. I have had them made when designing my bangles and found it very helpful.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually say the more the merrier but there is something very pleasing about the 5 stone layout.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for the 5 stone. The 7 looks cramped

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
I had a 7-station DBTY bracelet but was so annoyed by the diamonds constantly flipping that I've decided to reset it into a bangle. I also have some smaller diamonds left over from a tennis bracelet resizing that I'm incorporating into this project. My biggest thing has been that I want it to have a star/celestial motif, and that I want the bangle to be oval-sized and hinged to sit super close to my wrist. Given that I'm designing this to fit close to the wrist, I've decided to concentrate the diamonds on the top of the bangle since, in theory, it will still close enough to the wrist that it won't rotate. I'm torn right now between two different iterations of the design, and I'd love some help deciding.

This first one is 5 of the larger diamonds with star etching and the smaller ones flush-set in between:

BeFunky-collage1.jpg
Celestial Bracelet_2.jpg
This second one is basically the same but with more diamonds - this one has all 7 of the larger diamonds with the star etching and the smaller ones flush-set in between.
BeFunky-collage.jpg

Celestial Bracelet_3.jpg

I'm torn between because on one hand, I want to maximize the sparkle/diamonds, so the second version with more diamonds would make sense. However, I'm concerned that it might be too much/too crowded/too busy. I'm not sure. Even with these renderings, I have a really hard time envisioning what something will look like in real life. I'd love any thoughts/suggestions. And if there's anything in general that I haven't mentioned regarding these CADs that I should consider/change, I'd love to hear it! TIA for any thoughts/advice!

Haha I have this same issue with my DBTY bracelet but haven’t figured out what I’d want a bangle to look like yet!

Personally I prefer the five-star design: the spacing looks more pleasing vs the seven-star design which is a little cramped.

With two diamonds left over, could you make them into some star-shaped studs to match the celestial theme? :)

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
JMO of course but I would take all the smaller diamonds out and just leave the diamonds in the little star shapes. And put the smaller diamonds on the back side.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the five stone. I could do all of them if the star motif was not involved in the design. With it, I think the seven stone looks crowded.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this project! And I also vote five - it looks elegant and intentional. The seven stone design looks as if you’d have liked to go all the way around, but ran out of diamonds.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Voice of dissent here: I have never disliked or regretted more diamonds.

Practical question: will the star cutouts around the diamonds be a place where dirt and grime will collect and be difficult to clean?

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your replies! It seems like the 5 diamond option is most popular, and I am leaning towards that. But, a part of me agrees with @Tonks - I'm not sure I've ever dislike or regretted more diamonds either, so 7 diamonds is still on the table!

Thank you also for the suggestions made here!
@rcjtraveler - it never occured to me to ask for a wax model - such a good idea! @Pomelo - I love the idea of star studs with the leftover diamonds if I go for the 5 diamond design. Thank you!
@seaurchin - you've given me something to think about. I was really focused on keeping all the diamonds on the top, but I'm intrigued by your idea!
@Tonks - good point/question re. cleaning. I have some tiny brushes to really be able to get in the crevices of things, so I think it'll be ok, but it's definitely something I'll keep in mind!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would pick the 7 like @Tonks. Although I like both. I guess for me it would be whether I had a use for the extra two stones if I went with the 5 and whether using them would require even more purchases, etc. that I might not really want to make, but felt I needed to do something with the extra stones.....

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Also, it prob doesn’t even need to be said but i have been kind of overwhelmed by requested advice before so just a reminder if needed: we all like different things so all that matters in the end is what YOU like, especially since they’re both/all really just fine anyway, in this case imo. :)

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
@Lookinagain - That's a really good point about whether or not I have a use for the extra stones. There's actually already two extra of the smaller stones (I had 8 of those, and both designs only use 6). Honestly, no, I don't have a use for the two extra larger stones, and I don't really have a use for the two extra smaller ones either. I have thought about using the extra stones for earrings, which would be easier with just the two smaller ones (as opposed to the two smaller and the two larger ones) as I do have ideas for that, though I don't know how much it might cost and whether or not I will want to actually follow through. With two additional stones possibly thrown into mix, I have no ideas. It is making me seriously consider the 7-stone option.

@seaurchin - It may go without saying, but I really appreciate you saying it! I tend to be very easily influenced by others, so this reminder is really good to hear!

newtojewels

Brilliant_Rock
@Lookinagain - That's a really good point about whether or not I have a use for the extra stones. There's actually already two extra of the smaller stones (I had 8 of those, and both designs only use 6). Honestly, no, I don't have a use for the two extra larger stones, and I don't really have a use for the two extra smaller ones either. I have thought about using the extra stones for earrings, which would be easier with just the two smaller ones (as opposed to the two smaller and the two larger ones) as I do have ideas for that, though I don't know how much it might cost and whether or not I will want to actually follow through. With two additional stones possibly thrown into mix, I have no ideas. It is making me seriously consider the 7-stone option.

@seaurchin - It may go without saying, but I really appreciate you saying it! I tend to be very easily influenced by others, so this reminder is really good to hear!

I think both options are lovely and have gone back and forth because it's more diamonds vs. maybe more harmonious design and both have great pros! I think you'll be happy either way.

Do you wear drop earrings? Could you do something like these layouts but with a simpler star design?

1721402199454.png
1721402251635.png

Some simpler celestial motifs:
1721406203480.png
1721402275905.png
1721406078825.png
1721406156928.png

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you add star watching to all the diamonds? The etching adds such dimension and even some sparkle.

Edited because I didn’t “read” the images correctly:

Personally I prefer the second layout with the 7 stars for the following reasons:

- I would like the idea of a little glimpse of stars every time I see the side of my wrist instead of just seeing a flush set stone

- I like the concentrated layout with all 7, more sparkle is always better

- it uses up all your stones in a cohesive manner and doesn’t saddle you with leftover stones or a different project

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
@newtojewels - Thank you! I've been so caught up on making the "right" choice, but I think you're right that there are pros to either option, and either way, I'll be happy. That was really helpful to hear/read! I love the earring inspiration as well. I like all the options you showed, but I've started to get into hoop charms, so that last one is really calling to me! Also, those studs on TRR are adorable...thank you for sharing!

@Dreamer_D - I definitely could! I didn't go with that option because I was worried it would make it look too busy, especially if I go with the more diamond option, but it's something to consider!

@AllAboardTheBlingTrain - You make some great points, but I especially like your point of seeing a glimpse of the star rather than a flush-set stone when I see the side of my wrist. That's something I didn't think of, but I agree with you - I think I would like that as well!

I'm still torn because I do agree that I think the 5-stone design is a bit more balanced. And yet, I still feel a pull towards more diamonds/bling, and I do like the idea of using up as many stones as possible. I will also say, there is something about the 7-stone design that I like just because of the number...7 is one of my lucky numbers. Plus, with the 6 smaller stones in that design, it makes 13 stones total, and 13 is my other lucky number. It's a small, super-silly thing, but it was one of the first things I thought of/noticed when I saw the 7-stone option, and a part of me loves that option just for that reason. And yet, I can't quite definitely say the 7-stone option is the one because I still worry the 7-stone is too busy and that the 5-stone is a more balanced and aesthetically-pleasing design. I've given myself a deadline of end of this week to make a decision though, so I'm going to have to figure it out soon! :lol:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Imo 5 or 7 is just a small-ish detail so you really can’t go wrong. It will be fab either way. Can’t wait to see it!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like busy lol so take my comment as you may!

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
@newtojewels - Thank you! I've been so caught up on making the "right" choice, but I think you're right that there are pros to either option, and either way, I'll be happy. That was really helpful to hear/read! I love the earring inspiration as well. I like all the options you showed, but I've started to get into hoop charms, so that last one is really calling to me! Also, those studs on TRR are adorable...thank you for sharing!

@Dreamer_D - I definitely could! I didn't go with that option because I was worried it would make it look too busy, especially if I go with the more diamond option, but it's something to consider!

@AllAboardTheBlingTrain - You make some great points, but I especially like your point of seeing a glimpse of the star rather than a flush-set stone when I see the side of my wrist. That's something I didn't think of, but I agree with you - I think I would like that as well!

I'm still torn because I do agree that I think the 5-stone design is a bit more balanced. And yet, I still feel a pull towards more diamonds/bling, and I do like the idea of using up as many stones as possible. I will also say, there is something about the 7-stone design that I like just because of the number...7 is one of my lucky numbers. Plus, with the 6 smaller stones in that design, it makes 13 stones total, and 13 is my other lucky number. It's a small, super-silly thing, but it was one of the first things I thought of/noticed when I saw the 7-stone option, and a part of me loves that option just for that reason. And yet, I can't quite definitely say the 7-stone option is the one because I still worry the 7-stone is too busy and that the 5-stone is a more balanced and aesthetically-pleasing design. I've given myself a deadline of end of this week to make a decision though, so I'm going to have to figure it out soon! :lol:

Would you consider doing 7 stars slightly offset from each other in order to balance the stars a bit?

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Love the 7 stone! Can’t go wrong either way.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results