shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with decision, what do the PS experts think of these diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nekkr

Rough_Rock
Hi all, this is my first post but I've been lurking for a while. Fabulous site.
1.gif

What do you think of these diamonds? I'm looking to keep the diamond cost under $6500 USD (due to living in Canada and a declining dollar).

Diamond 1

Diamond 2

Diamond 3 [Edit: fixed link]

I'm in a bit of a rush as I'd like to have the ring in hand before Christmas. Originally I was looking for a G coloured diamond but would it be worth upgrading to a H&A cut (from ideal) and dropping to I colour? I've ran all these stones through the HCA tool and they appear good to me, and they are currently being visually inspected for eye cleanliness, but I am definitely a novice when it comes to diamond shopping.

Any comments, advice or other suggestions would be much appreciated!

-Nekkr

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
stone 3 link is not working.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1 and 2 are about the same for me...both really nice. I''m kinda digging stone 1.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
All 3 looks good to me. H&A is personal preference, some likes them some don''t.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are very close. 3 is probably the "ideal world" choice, but the real world is pretty random. but from a durability POV, #3 seems to have these feathers.... but you, a PSer, would buy insurance.

nekkr

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the quick input so far. JulieN I''m glad you brought up the feathers. Inclusions are the things that are really confusing me right now and delaying my purchase. And of course I will insure it.
1.gif

Any thoughts on the inclusions from the other 2 stones? Diamond 1 has always been my favourite but it scares me looking through the loupe. But again I don''t know if that is normal or not and am eagerly waiting to hear back from James Allen since I am no expert.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
strange, that those edge inclusions at 7 or 8 o''clock are not on the diagram. The stone does appear to match the GIA report (so, I don''t think they mixed up the pictures.) If the inclusions exist, then they are probably easy enough to put under a prong to hide.

nekkr

Rough_Rock
I never thought of mounting inclusions under prongs, is this a common practice used in the industry?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I would say it is the preferred/default choice.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/5/2008 2:43:05 AM
Author: JulieN
Yes, I would say it is the preferred/default choice.
Ditto.

The feathers may not be an issue in SI1 but check with the vendor, this could be a very nice diamond!

nekkr

Rough_Rock
Lorelei: You are talking about the feathers on Diamond 3 right?

nekkr

Rough_Rock
Just an update. I went ahead and ordered Diamond 3 after talking with someone at James Allen. Thanks to those who responded and thanks to the Pricescope community for the great forum.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! How exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results