shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Finding a Cushion Solitaire

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,
A wonderful young man has asked our permission to ask our daughter to marry him! We are very blessed.
He has asked me to help him find the right diamond. She has said she likes cushion and princess so we are going with a 1:1 ratio cushion. I would like to ask the experts here for some suggestions. His budget is around $6k for diamond and setting. She would like 18K rose gold with a hidden halo.
We have started looking at Brian Gavin and found some in the 2.5ct range. We are looking for color D-G/H, lots of sparkle and fire, solid H&A and clarity to VS2 as long as inclusions don’t affect performance.
Any other vendor suggestions are also welcome.
Here are some we’ve found.
2.54 E VVS2. (A little concerned about the girdle on this one??)
2.53E VS1
2.31D VVS2
Thank you in advance for any help.

I really like the 2.54 VS1! I helped our son in law pick our daughter’s H&A cushion from Brian Gavin. It’s a beautiful stone!!

Thank you. Is the thin-medium girdle an issue?

I would be comfortable with it, others may feel differently. Will BG be setting it? Have you talked to anyone about it from there? I have worked with Emily on a few projects and trust her judgment.

I like tje 2.54 a lot!!!

thanks @lovedogs
So I called and spoke with Emily. She said she likes the ASET better on the 2.53 as the center is all green, otherwise both stones being premier are vetted for quality. I told her I am waiting to hear back from the PS experts. So comparing the 2.53 and 2.54 what nuances do you see?

thanks @lovedogs
So I called and spoke with Emily. She said she likes the ASET better on the 2.53 as the center is all green, otherwise both stones being premier are vetted for quality. I told her I am waiting to hear back from the PS experts. So comparing the 2.53 and 2.54 what nuances do you see?

Honestly I'd just go with her recommendation. Both look great to me and I doubt I'd be able to tell them apart in real life

Honestly I'd just go with her recommendation. Both look great to me and I doubt I'd be able to tell them apart in real life

Ok. Thank you!!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP