shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with newly reset 6 prong ring! Do the prongs look crooked/uneven?

asm07

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone! Would love some advice before talking with jeweler to adjust my 6 prong engagement ring setting.

Just got my diamond reset (from a very reputable experience jeweler as far as I know) and I love the setting style but something about the prongs seems a bit off (uneven or bent??) what do you guys think and how should I approach this with the jeweler to fix?
*I know it may seem minimal but I have a very469C74FF-57BB-4DE3-930B-BCD593FF22DC.jpeg high attention to detail so I noticed it right away.

Attachments

• 43E81B77-B024-474F-9537-D1D8B8A9EB01.jpeg
    43E81B77-B024-474F-9537-D1D8B8A9EB01.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 28
  • DD1E1D31-61B9-4211-9A16-6999FCD211F7.jpeg
    DD1E1D31-61B9-4211-9A16-6999FCD211F7.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 28
  • D3B6DF95-AB54-4D91-81B0-811C0402C0A5.jpeg
    D3B6DF95-AB54-4D91-81B0-811C0402C0A5.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 27
It looks wonky to me, uneven and crooked. The prongs from the top view however, due to lighting may be playing tricks with the symmetry I see. It does look off though.

I know that pictures due to the angle of the camera, angle of the ring, and lighting shadows can make things look skewed. I guess I'm
questioning what is causing things to make it not look right. That being said, you can always send it back and have them review
and fix anything that is not correct. Plus, you may continue to feel like its not correct until you have someone look at it so you might
as well do it.

In the top down view, the lower right prong is set wonky

I know that pictures due to the angle of the camera, angle of the ring, and lighting shadows can make things look skewed. I guess I'm
questioning what is causing things to make it not look right. That being said, you can always send it back and have them review
and fix anything that is not correct. Plus, you may continue to feel like its not correct until you have someone look at it so you might
as well do it.

Yes picture are very hard with lighting but to the naked eye and have had other people look at it when I point it out something is definitely uneven. I’m bringing it back today to the jeweler. I’m just concerned that if they gave me the finished ring looking like this how much they will be able to fix it as clearly they thought it was good.

I can see they aren’t symmetrical. Take it back to the jeweler and show them. Don’t assume that they can’t produce a better looking product just because of this one instance. Start the conversation. Hopefully they will want to take the opportunity to make you completely happy.

Hi Everyone! Would love some advice before talking with jeweler to adjust my 6 prong engagement ring setting.

Just got my diamond reset (from a very reputable experience jeweler as far as I know) and I love the setting style but something about the prongs seems a bit off (uneven or bent??) what do you guys think and how should I approach this with the jeweler to fix?
*I know it may seem minimal but I have a very469C74FF-57BB-4DE3-930B-BCD593FF22DC.jpeg high attention to detail so I noticed it right away.

I can notice it too. Agree with others to mention it to the jeweler, especially if it is a meaningful piece.

I can notice it too. Agree with others to mention it to the jeweler, especially if it is a meaningful piece.

Yes for sure! It is my original diamond which I’m in love with, just had a slight panic because I reset it to look a little more modern and now I’m regretting it. Hoping the jeweler will make it right!

In the top down view, the lower right prong is set wonky

Yep, that is the one from the side looks very off compared to others , the angle of it too. Glad I am not just crazy and everyone agrees!

Yes for sure! It is my original diamond which I’m in love with, just had a slight panic because I reset it to look a little more modern and now I’m regretting it. Hoping the jeweler will make it right!

No regrets! The setting looks beautiful and is a modern classic. Prongs should be easy to fix.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP