shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with WF CADs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

enigma1406

Rough_Rock
I''m going to post 4 pictures of our inspiration ring and then 2 of the WF CAD.

I need the keen eyes of PS to help me out!
10.gif
Let me know if anything seems a bit off or if there is anything you do/don''t like about it!

Center stone info: 2.40ct D Si2 marquise, 1.9 L:W ratio

Inspiration Ring Shot #1

ins1.jpg

Inspiration Ring Shot #2

ins2.jpg

Inspiration Ring Shot #3

ins3.jpg

Inspiration Ring Shot #4

ins4.jpg

WF CAD #1

cad1_r.jpg

WF CAD #2

cad2_rs.jpg

One thing to note, the 2 extra prongs that hold the tips of the marquise can''t be claw prongs according to the CAD designer because they are meant to protect the tips (makes sense) so do any of y''all think it might look odd with 4 claw prongs and then the other two as more rounded? TIA!

Date: 12/1/2008 6:45:47 PM
Author: enigma1406
One thing to note, the 2 extra prongs that hold the tips of the marquise can''t be claw prongs according to the CAD designer because they are meant to protect the tips (makes sense) so do any of y''all think it might look odd with 4 claw prongs and then the other two as more rounded? TIA!

I think it looks gorgeous! And no, I think it would look fine, although I might like to see an example if they could produce one.

Will the top and bottom claws be V shape? That''s pretty standard for a marquise cut and, as you''ve been told, it does protect the gemstone. I have a 6ct ruby marquise and it has V top and bottom and 4 small central rounded claws. It doesn''t look strange and in fact you don''t really notice them.

looks great to me!!

Date: 12/1/2008 6:49:37 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Will the top and bottom claws be V shape? That''s pretty standard for a marquise cut and, as you''ve been told, it does protect the gemstone. I have a 6ct ruby marquise and it has V top and bottom and 4 small central rounded claws. It doesn''t look strange and in fact you don''t really notice them.
Oh! Do you have a picture? I was planning on taking NF''s advice and asking for a picture but if you have one that would be great!

It looks really good.

It looks gorgeous! BTW, can you tell me the designer of your inspiration pics?

Date: 12/1/2008 6:50:59 PM

Date: 12/1/2008 6:49:37 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Oh! Do you have a picture? I was planning on taking NF''s advice and asking for a picture but if you have one that would be great!
Here you go ........... you can see the claws clearly in the close up shot but when it''s on the hand you focus more on the central and side stones and the claws become less apparent.

Date: 12/1/2008 7:04:47 PM
Author: CdnBlingGal
It''s a Simon G. LP1973

Thanks LD! That''s perfect. You''re absolutely right. It still looks gorgeous...although yours is a little bigger
31.gif

I think it looks gorgeous and everything will look much less bulky once it''s fabricated. The prongs will look fine and much more delicate in person!

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks fabulous!

It''s beautiful!!!!, I love the whole design of your ring. Please post a lot of handshots, when you receive your ring.

that is going to be beautiful ring there
18.gif

I think the ring will be gorgous! I agree that you should ask for V''s on the top and bottom and 4 claws. My ring has that as well. I feel like it offers the most protection for the points:

kkkdd.jpg

One more, I was trying to find a head on shot but I can''t right now, sorry

kkkee.jpg

That is definitely going to be a sparkly ring!!!

Really really gorgeous!

Date: 12/1/2008 7:08:28 PM

Date: 12/1/2008 7:04:47 PM
Author: CdnBlingGal
It''s a Simon G. LP1973
Thank you! Can''t wait to see your finished product.

Thanks for the comments everyone! I agree and submitted my approval of the CADs.
36.gif
Now the anxious wait and then the proposal.
32.gif

Date: 12/2/2008 1:42:49 AM
Author: jazmine
I think the ring will be gorgous! I agree that you should ask for V''s on the top and bottom and 4 claws. My ring has that as well. I feel like it offers the most protection for the points:
Thanks jazmine! That''s a great example of how I''d like it to look. I mentioned this when submitting my approval of the CADs. That''s a great example of WFs work! (I found your old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP