shape
carat
color
clarity

Here we go again! I just noticed on my eterity band. Advice please (picture of damage)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SandraPaneczko

Shiny_Rock
I just notice that there is a chip in the setting. Its on the right corner and the diamond that sits in those prongs is loose. Not loose to the point where its about to fall out but it shouldn''t be loose at it because its brand new! I checked all the stones just to make sure its not just my imagonation and its not!! the stone wiggles but the others seem okay. I tried to capure the chip but you will have to look closely and take a few seconds to find it. I also noticed that some stones are set a lot lower and some are set a lot higher, Why is that. I took a picture

Also please tell me what my rights are as the buyer, does he have to fix it? I only got it 3 days ago.

Thanks

IMG_3315.JPG

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not sure what you mean by "chip", but if you aren''t satisfied, they should make it right for you. The stones should be set evenly too. This isn''t really a "right" though, but a good jeweler will make it right.

SandraPaneczko

Shiny_Rock
A chip like someone dropped it on a hard floor maybe you can see in this picture how they are not even

sbfhyr.JPG

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
return it. who is the vendor?

SandraPaneczko

Shiny_Rock
Im freakin out I'm not sure what the heck Im doing with these pictures sorry

hhhddddwww.JPG

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I don''t see a chip? Maybe you can circle it in the pics? As far as the height, there''s a slight difference but that wouldn''t bug me as I doubt I''d notice it in normal viewing conditions.

SandraPaneczko

Shiny_Rock
can see it at all? I thought I couldn''t do that I didn''t notice before but you can see it in this picture not even

WTFUNEVEN.JPG

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m still not seeing the chip. Try putting the photo in photoshop or paint and circle/point to it and save that picture, then we can try to look for it.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
sorry, not seeing it. in fact, it looks pretty well made to me.

SandraPaneczko

Shiny_Rock
Let me charge my camera for a few minutes then I will crop the photo on my old computer. MY new one doesn''t have the program and I pack out today so the disc is with my shipment but for not look in the second picture the stone at the top the right corner

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think it looks pretty well-made. While the stones not being level are evident in the pics, I think you would have to look really hard IRL to see that.

SandraPaneczko

Shiny_Rock
what about the stone wiggling a little. should I be worried about that

beach

Brilliant_Rock
If they wiggle get it fixed..... Unless there is a wiggle setting being used these days....
41.gif

SandraPaneczko

Shiny_Rock
I did email him to ask about both my concerns and what he wanted me to do, He would know better than I would.Im not sure if I am worrying over nothing but in my mind, Its brand new and I don''t think anything should be wiggling or chipped in any way. Its small but the only stone that wiggles is right near the chip. The pictures are coming out too blurry for you to see anything.

I emailed Tom again to let him know that I could get it tighten here in Guam but Im am just worried because I don''t want any problems with it later on.

I have been taken advantage of in the past so I kind of have my mind set that most people are like that. I guess its hard for me to think otherwise but Im working on it.

I paid good money for this ring and I guess it bothers me that Im going to have to pay more to have it tightened or fixed. What do you think

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
It really doesn''t sound like a major issue to me. Stones in prong setting come loose. It''s happened to me and many others, i don''t think it''s that big of a deal and it''s easily fixed. As far as the chip goes, while we can''t see it, you can. If you want that fixed, I''d send it back to the jeweler who made the ring. The height difference is sooo minor that i''d probably let it go. But again, if it bothers you, send it back to the original jeweler.

Good luck.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
the uneven stones would bother me..but I'm one of the super picky pricescopers. the chip/loose stone should be fixed too. I think if you've only had it 3 days your jeweler will probably make it right for you.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
this is one of the reasons i don''t think i would ever get an eternity band, one whack of your hand down onto something, even by accident, and the setting can become damaged. i know what the bottoms of my rings look like, i couldn''t imagine doing that to diamonds and prongs all day!

i hope yours gets fixed and you don''t have any more problems, but if you do, you might want to consider nixing the eternity band idea.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Uneven stones would bother me. I''d either return it or have them fix it.

SandraPaneczko

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I got a response from Tom. He said to send it back to him and he will do the repair work imminently and ship it back to me the next day, he apologized for the inconvenience. I''m glad that''s over with. I didn''t think it would go that well.

Thanks

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear it'll work out for you! Is there any way you can order an extra diamond so if one does fall out, you already have another one to mount in? Normally I wouldn't think that is necessary, but with you being in Guam, it may be wise to have a back up stone so you're not in the position of sending the stone out of the country again. Maybe this sounds weird, but if I did order a pave or eternity band, I would get an extra diamond!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well good, I am glad that it was easy for you to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results