shape
carat
color
clarity

Hi I am new to this

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Grim281

Rough_Rock
Hey all, I just bought an engagement ring and I am wondering what you guys think of it. Any responses regarding whether or not it was worth what I paid would be greatly appreciated...and yes I know it is a little small, but I am unfortunately on a tight budget.

Carat weight: 0.95
Cut: Very Good
Color: G
Clarity: VS2

Price per carat: $4,019
Depth %: 70.1%
Table %: 72%
Symmetry: Very good
Polish: Very good
Girdle: Thin to slightly thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.60 x 5.55 x 3.89 mm
Length/width ratio: 1.01

Without pictures we can''t tell you anything about a fancy cut stone. Could be a beautiful stone or it could be a dog...are YOU happy with it?

I don''t know yet..I just purchased it from Blue Nile.

Date: 11/26/2008 9:09:16 AM
Author: Grim281
I don''t know yet..I just purchased it from Blue Nile.

Ahhh...well bluenile is really hard to purchase fancy stones from because they don''t provide pictures or ASET images. If you want to make sure it''s a well performing stone, you''ll want to buy a handheld ASET scope, learn all you can about using it, and then post the images here and we can help you. Barring that, just take some really great macro pictures and we can try to help you that way.

Date: 11/26/2008 9:14:20 AM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 11/26/2008 9:09:16 AM
Author: Grim281
I don't know yet..I just purchased it from Blue Nile.

Ahhh...well bluenile is really hard to purchase fancy stones from because they don't provide pictures or ASET images. If you want to make sure it's a well performing stone, you'll want to buy a handheld ASET scope, learn all you can about using it, and then post the images here and we can help you. Barring that, just take some really great macro pictures and we can try to help you that way.
Welcome!

Ditto the above advice, I take it this is a Princess diamond you bought? You could purchase an ASET from this link http://www.ideal-scope.com/cart_zoom_item.asp?Id=23&ShowAdd=Y which could help, or alternatively see what you think when you get it and if you like the diamond, get an independant appraisal on the stone. Here is a tool you can use to find an appraiser in your area.

https://www.pricescope.com/appr_list.aspx

As to pricing, BN are usually competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP