shape
carat
color
clarity

How are these pearls? Pearl paradise pearls

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please excuse my melsama!!! I am having a terrible time with it this summer!! (So horrifying).

We bought these for my DH's nurse. She is about 25 and has always wanted mikimoto pearls (unless she wins lottery, it likely won't happen).

I bought these akoyas from pearlparadise.com and they are kinda underwhelming for me (but I wouldn't call myself a pearl person). They were about $440.00 after promotional discount and this is above what we wanted to spend on something just for her that she isn't not going to use for her family.

Can you evaluate the length and size? Thanks.

IMG_0828.JPG
IMG_0832.JPG

Do you need me to take any other views of the pearls?

Thanks so much!!

What information came with the strand white wave. Length, size of the pearls and grade? The strand looks nice on your neck and the pearls have great luster. I like that the necklace is not obliviously graduated.

Thanks for your reply!

These pearls are:
AAA white akoya
6.5-7.0mm
18 inches

What do you find underwhelming about the pearls? Is it the size? Quality? Overtone?

I can't really tell from your photos although they do look lovely on you. Do you have any photos of the pearls against a white background like paper towel?

I can get a pic... give me about 20 mins.

I probably should not have said underwhelmed. They are eighteen inches long, so I did expect the strand to be longer.

We have no idea what you look like or the size of your neck. Is the recipient the same size as you, bigger or more petite? This size of pearls on a petite woman will look more in proportion than on a larger woman. They will hang below the collar bone also, where many wear them.
If she is the same size as you are, I would probably have the strand extended to at least 20". If you decide to size up in millimeter size, you will need even more length so it hangs correctly. 22"-24" perhaps.

She isn't small. But I haven't looked at her neck, kwim.

I have to run outside and clean some things up before a storm comes and then I'll take pics.

I think it's a lovely gift and very generous of you to purchase something like this for your nurse!

The pearls look like they have wonderful lustre and I do trust PP and their grading of pearls. The issue with length does very much so depend on the recipient's size and height. I have a strand of 6.5mm pearls which look 'too much' on me, so while I love them, I never wear them. Mine are around 17.5 inches and sit below my collarbone. Having said that, I'm quite petite at 5'1!

Without sounding haughty or anything like that, this is probably her only shot at akoya pearls, at least for the next decade. So I'm kind of thinking this can be her first set of pearls and she can upgrade or whatnot at a much later date. It is possible this will be her only set of pearls ever.

Here are some pics:

On my 18 year old average size daughter:
IMG_0844.JPG

IMG_0840.JPG

IMG_0838.JPG
IMG_0842.JPG

IMG_0843.JPG

These were taken in a light box. I can't get natural light right now because it is storming.

I wanted to know if these are ok to gift, as I don't know how to evaluate pearls.

Thanks so much!!

She is nearly identical to her sister so I just asked her sister to measure her own neck girth to compare to mine.

When you say "extend to 20 inches" do you mean exchange these for a longer pair or can PP somehow extend them a little with some kind of jeweler magic?

She is closer to me in size than my daughter. Did you think they looked ok on me?

Last edited:
They add more pearls onto the strand of the exact size and grade to lengthen. It requires restrining. Not a big deal they do it there all the time.

By the way, those pearls look beautiful on your daughter. They just glow.

By the way, this damn melsama on me was caused by laser treatments for resurfacing! Trade one problem for another...

Less cropped shot of me-- I look ragged today: didn't get all dolled up for the camera.

IMG_0829.JPG

By the way, those pearls look beautiful on your daughter. They just glow.
I am quickly warming up to them. I just don't have any experience with pearls...

Ok. My neck is 14 inches. Her sister's neck is 16 inches. I chatted with PP and adding 3 inches is another $96.00. SO.... i'm going to bring them to her this weekend and surprise her and let her try them on. If they are smaller than classic choker size, I will send them back to add length.

Thank you all so much for the feedback!

I think they look beautiful! And if she is roughly the same size as your daughter, I think 18" will be perfect on her. But great idea to check what length she prefers!

I am glad this is all working out. They are a beautiful and thoughtful gift. I am sure she will be thrilled.

Depending on the necklines she wears she may even prefer a shorter-hanging necklace.

Yes, I am glad to have length options. I'll let you all know what she thinks!

Ok. She loved it! I am sending it back to get lengthened: thanks for letting me know about that service.

Hope not too late to chime in...thank you for posting pictures of the pearls. On the PP website one doesn't know how the actual strand(s) appear, so seeing actual pictures of the product is very helpful. Did the pearls get lengthened as you wanted and was the turn around time received quickly? Just wanted to ask. Thanks!

Hope not too late to chime in...thank you for posting pictures of the pearls. On the PP website one doesn't know how the actual strand(s) appear, so seeing actual pictures of the product is very helpful. Did the pearls get lengthened as you wanted and was the turn around time received quickly? Just wanted to ask. Thanks!

Yes! They were lengthened and the turn around time was one week! Friday to Friday. I was super impressed!

This is not a great pic, but you can see how the length came out:
IMG_1375.jpg

The 18 inches sat on her like a choker, tighter than how they looked on me.

Excellent ! They have great customer service ! Glad it all worked out well !

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP