shape
carat
color
clarity

How do yo feel about this pear?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

squarepear

Rough_Rock
How do you guys feel about this? Dealer is asking 3700 tax included. I am a little weary bc its EGL USA. Should I be concerned? Would you buy this, or go with a smaller, GIA diamond? Thanks!!
35.gif

Weight 1.50 CT
Shape PEAR BRILLIANT
Color I
Clarity SI2
Measurements 9.43 x 6.21 x 3.93 mm
Depth 63.3%
Table 53%
Crown 15%
Pavilion 40.4%
Crown Angle 32.7°
Pavilion Angle 40.5°
Girdle MEDIUM TO EX. THICK FACETED
Polish FAIR TO GOOD
Symmetry GOOD
Fluorescence NONE
Culet NONE
Cut Grade N/A
Comments
UGS Appraisal Value $0.00

I would keep looking personally, but if you are interested in this one, ask for detailed photos and an ASET image if possible. Also check it is eyeclean to your standards. One thing that concerns me, it has fair polish and I would want at least good or above.

Thanks, Lorelei. I saw the diamond in person, and it didn''t really scream at me, but the price is making me consider it more as an option for the e-ring. What exactly does a fair polish translate to when viewing in person. Would it look duller, less sparkly, less light reflection?

Ideally I want to have it set in platinum with a halo around it. Since its more of an elaborate setting, would the fair polish be that noticeable?

I appreciate the input!

Date: 11/30/2008 3:09:55 AM
Author: squarepear
Thanks, Lorelei. I saw the diamond in person, and it didn't really scream at me, but the price is making me consider it more as an option for the e-ring. What exactly does a fair polish translate to when viewing in person. Would it look duller, less sparkly, less light reflection?

Ideally I want to have it set in platinum with a halo around it. Since its more of an elaborate setting, would the fair polish be that noticeable?

I appreciate the input!
You are most welcome! I go by what it says in this tutorial that ' fair or poor polish, visual performance may be noticeably reduced,' so yes what you mention above could apply.

http://diamonds.pricescope.com/polish.asp

I think you need your e-ring diamond to at least sing to you even if it doesn't scream at you
9.gif
, so personally I would continue looking but if you want a big diamond on a budget, spend a little more and make the sale final on this one checking out to your satisfaction in all aspects with an independant appraiser, then he can advise on the polish and other points.

Here is a tool you can use to find an appraiser in your area. http://www.pricescope.com/appr_list.aspx

Date: 11/30/2008 3:13:18 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 11/30/2008 3:09:55 AM
Author: squarepear
Thanks, Lorelei. I saw the diamond in person, and it didn''t really scream at me, but the price is making me consider it more as an option for the e-ring. What exactly does a fair polish translate to when viewing in person. Would it look duller, less sparkly, less light reflection?

I appreciate the input!
You are most welcome! I go by what it says in this tutorial that '' fair or poor polish, visual performance may be noticeably reduced,'' so yes what you mention above could apply.

http://diamonds.pricescope.com/polish.asp

I think you need your e-ring diamond to at least sing to you even if it doesn''t scream at you
9.gif
, so personally I would continue looking but if you want a big diamond on a budget, spend a little more and make the sale final on this one checking out to your satisfaction in all aspects with an independant appraiser, then he can advise on the polish and other points.

Here is a tool you can use to find an appraiser in your area. http://www.pricescope.com/appr_list.aspx
Ditto Lorelei! Your heart should flutter and soar when you look at the rock that will be your ering. Keep looking
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP