shape
carat
color
clarity

How does color impact the price of blue zircons?

boxbits

Shiny_Rock
I've seen blue zircon colors range from light blue to deep teal. Does one color make blue zircons more expensive than others?

I'm a novice when it comes to colored stones and a newbie about blue zircons so thank everyone in advance for their input!

Absolutely - the pale blue ones or the blue with eye-visible color zoning command a much lower price. The darker the blue and more consistent the coloring the more expensive the stone

Thank you very much! I saw a beautiful piece of jewelry with a blue zircon the color of an angry ocean but the price tag was twice what I thought it would be. It was about 4.5 cts but I didn't inquire about any other stats.

As said higher quality stones have little to no visible inclusions and even though heated tend to be blue. Blue for most is the color for zircon man! I have zircons of every color because I love the material, but do do have some pretty massive blues, most with inclusions because they're cheaper and I find some of these inclusions to be rather fun honestly!

I forget the size off hand as I don't have it in front of me (this image was taken in 2020) And while this is a very large stone, Its not ideal color and the closer to that ideal color the more you spend. Also this is a lighter toned rock. My camera has a black lens so of course thats reflected.

If this stone had been closer to ideal color + being cleaner and it would be crazy expensive.

But, I do love the color. Me being closer to the equator and its crazy how blue it looks versus when I lived in New England! Its very well cut (I got it from mastercutgems ages ago) but you can see the inclusions. They're not distracting to me, more fascinating. I've got some along the greener blue scale but they're also smaller.
20201026_163131110.jpg

This is the small but mighty stone. Its tiny, paid very little for it, and didn't expect much...but wow...it is VERY bright, VERY vivid. I get a ton of compliments from this ring. There's some color zoning which becomes more evident in the image, but at arms length you can't tell. I like knowing its there as its a fingerprint of sorts.
20220818_090337.jpg

If you can, ask lots of questions about the stone. Also if its set, don't forget your paying also for that setting too, not just the stone alone and in some cases. Also you could just be paying a lot more for the setting, its something you should keep in mind.

I bought my ring and setting separately and heck yeah paid way way more for the setting.

GIA has some solid info on quality https://www.gia.edu/zircon-quality-factor

As said higher quality stones have little to no visible inclusions and even though heated tend to be blue. Blue for most is the color for zircon man! I have zircons of every color because I love the material, but do do have some pretty massive blues, most with inclusions because they're cheaper and I find some of these inclusions to be rather fun honestly!

I forget the size off hand as I don't have it in front of me (this image was taken in 2020) And while this is a very large stone, Its not ideal color and the closer to that ideal color the more you spend. Also this is a lighter toned rock. My camera has a black lens so of course thats reflected.

If this stone had been closer to ideal color + being cleaner and it would be crazy expensive.

But, I do love the color. Me being closer to the equator and its crazy how blue it looks versus when I lived in New England! Its very well cut (I got it from mastercutgems ages ago) but you can see the inclusions. They're not distracting to me, more fascinating. I've got some along the greener blue scale but they're also smaller.
20201026_163131110.jpg

This is the small but mighty stone. Its tiny, paid very little for it, and didn't expect much...but wow...it is VERY bright, VERY vivid. I get a ton of compliments from this ring. There's some color zoning which becomes more evident in the image, but at arms length you can't tell. I like knowing its there as its a fingerprint of sorts.
20220818_090337.jpg

If you can, ask lots of questions about the stone. Also if its set, don't forget your paying also for that setting too, not just the stone alone and in some cases. Also you could just be paying a lot more for the setting, its something you should keep in mind.

I bought my ring and setting separately and heck yeah paid way way more for the setting.

GIA has some solid info on quality https://www.gia.edu/zircon-quality-factor

That top stone is beautiful!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP