shape
carat
color
clarity

How much does it cost to have a diamond set into a wg pendant?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Just curious what the general cost is? I''m thinking of having my CL diamond made into pendant. Maybe a bezel setting. It''s just sitting there with my loose gemstone collection right now. So I figure if it''s an inexpensive project then at least I could wear it instead of just admiring it in it''s case.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bezels are usually more, but most places will set it for free if you buy the setting from them. Probably a few hundred bucks for a bezel in WG...

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Often shops will have a pricing structure based on the size of the stone, the shape of the stone and the style of setting involved. Any shop should be happy to give you an estimate before any work starts. I think it’s worth noting that the cheapest craftsman you can find is usually not the best. Aside from the fact that some simply do better work than others, there’s a liability question you should ask as well. Who takes responsibility in the unlikely cases where damage is caused during setting?

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Jewelry Appraisals in Denver

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
You make some good points DA. I guess I''ll email some of the vendors on PS to get a better idea. Have any SF Pricescopers here used Edmund Weber in San Francisco? The appraiser that looked at my diamond mentioned them to me.

LDubs

Shiny_Rock
I had my .63 reset into a WG bezel this past winter, and it ran $105 with setting and labor.

laurawest1.JPG

laurawest2.JPG

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Your pendant is beautiful! And $105 is an amazing price.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a great price! I need to find that kind of price local to me. Beautiful pendant.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Ldubs I love that pendant! I like how it''s not connected to the chain so you could put it on different lengths of chains to go with different necklines. And your puppy is really cute
30.gif

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock
It''s great you have been quoted such reasonable prices for a bezel-set pendant.

I am still spewing over the fact a local B&M in the UK quoted me £300 (that''s about $600) for something similar.

Amazingly enough I didn''t go for it.

My poor pear diamond is still needing a home...

x x x

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
$600? Yeah thats kinda steep. Have you checked out the Wink Jones site? He has some pendant settings. I just found them today. Is your stone round? I''ll be going local myself , but in your case maybe you could find one cheaper online.

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a little pear cut.

Thanks for the recommendation. :)

I love the pendant that was posted here.. so pretty!

x xx

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I brought my diamond in and it should be ready in about a week! I''m so happy that I''m finally doing something with this stone :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results