shape
carat
color
clarity

How should I set this Barbie pink Mahenge spinel?

Drahokam

Rough_Rock
I have bought this Barbie pink Mahenge spinel from DesertRose and for months I have been going back and forth on how to set this. While small, the color really pops and stays the same even in low light. I have considered setting in a bypass ring, attached are photos with a spess and chrysoberyl. On the other hand I am not sure it should share the stage with another stone and instead deserves to IMG_2978.pngbe the focal point with just support from diamond melee.
Any thoughts, suggestions are highly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3131.jpeg
    IMG_3131.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3134.jpeg
    IMG_3134.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 17
For a tiny but killer pop of color, I keep thinking of this recent post:

For a tiny but killer pop of color, I keep thinking of this recent post:

wow, the color of the sapphire. Great setting, it really lets the stone stand out.

To me, your stone far exceeds a "Barbie" pink... she's approaching neon in my estimations. :kiss2: If you want my vote, it's for letting her have the full limelight!

To me, your stone far exceeds a "Barbie" pink... she's approaching neon in my estimations. :kiss2: If you want my vote, it's for letting her have the full limelight!
Yes, i do want your vote! Would you say a diamond halo or maybe just some stones to the sides, like the beautiful kashmir sapphire in the link LilAlex posted above?

Yes, i do want your vote! Would you say a diamond halo or maybe just some stones to the sides, like the beautiful kashmir sapphire in the link LilAlex posted above?

Personally, I would maximize presentation with a double halo since she's petite, but has killer color. Not everyone loves halos though, so if you prefer something more simple, like cloud_less' gorgeous ring, by all means! I don't think you can go wrong. :)

I actually vote 2 stone! Desertrose herself has a bypass 2 stone with a spinel and a paraiba that looks fantastic.

Personally, I would maximize presentation with a double halo since she's petite, but has killer color. Not everyone loves halos though, so if you prefer something more simple, like cloud_less' gorgeous ring, by all means! I don't think you can go wrong. :)
I actually vote 2 stone! Desertrose herself has a bypass 2 stone with a spinel and a paraiba that looks fantastic.

DesertRose’s ring is why I thought of bypass as an option; it is simple but the neon stones plus the engraving design make it very special. Plus the gold has very rich color, like french gold.

i am a fan of halos but also appreciate simpler settings, which makes this more complicated.
I think I will sit on this for a moment, proceed with setting the chrysoberyl from my other thread, and hopefully a make decision for this spinel soon.

What color metal would you use with this pink?

i am a fan of halos but also appreciate simpler settings, which makes this more complicated.
I think I will sit on this for a moment, proceed with setting the chrysoberyl from my other thread, and hopefully a make decision for this spinel soon.

What color metal would you use with this pink?

The saturation is so strong, I think any color of gold or platinum would work beautifully. But I'm leaning towards yellow gold. If you add another stone in (besides diamond), that might sway me in one direction. Again, when a stone has such great color, it's hard to make a mistake. :)

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics