shape
carat
color
clarity

How to find a good deal on a setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
That''s a very broad question.

Do you have the stone? That''s the first thing I would get.
Then based on it''s size and shape, I''d go to every store and try on different settings until I narrowed it down to a few.

After that, if I found a piece that i just loved and didn''t want any modifications done to it, I''d probably see if Pearlmans had it. Their prices are the best I''ve seen when comparing to B&M stores.

If I liked elements of a few settings and wanted to see them incorporated into one ring, I''d contact Whiteflash to get a quote.

I''m mentioning these 2 vendors because I''ve worked with both and found their prices to be way less than what i''ve found in my local stores.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
more info please!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gaylet, there should be an EDIT button if you look at your post if you need to add more info to this post...but that button is only there for 20 minutes. You can also just reply to this thread with more info if you need to.

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Elle. I''m looking for something short term (18mos) for a stone approx. 1.4 ct, round., preferably white gold. I may not be able to re-use the setting as I am planning an upgrade so I''m hoping for a deal.

Glad to hear you like both Pearlman''s and WF. I noticed that Pearlman''s has a pre-owned section so maybe I will look there. I appreciate your ideas.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 9:53:56 AM
Author: Gayletmom
Thanks, Elle. I''m looking for something short term (18mos) for a stone approx. 1.4 ct, round., preferably white gold. I may not be able to re-use the setting as I am planning an upgrade so I''m hoping for a deal.

Glad to hear you like both Pearlman''s and WF. I noticed that Pearlman''s has a pre-owned section so maybe I will look there. I appreciate your ideas.

For 18 months I would just get a very basic $250 white or yellow gold tiffany style setting. Every vendor will have something like that.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Agree with neafreak. If it''s temporary, i''d get the basic tiffs setting.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 10:04:13 AM
Author: elle_chris
Agree with neafreak. If it''s temporary, i''d get the basic tiffs setting.

ditto. if you know it''s temporary just get a $250 WG setting. Goodoldgold, winfields, Whiteflash, engagmentringsdirect, jamesallen all have them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results