shape
carat
color
clarity

how''s this asscher?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bellerophon

Rough_Rock
Looking for this group''s opinon on this stone.

GIA: Cut-Cornered Square

F
SI1

6.45 x 6.42 x 4.38
depth: 68.2
table: 63

Polish: VG
Symm: VG

DI40X_GIA_15867984AL.jpeg

bellerophon

Rough_Rock
I''ve been lurking for months. You all have been a tremendous resource in helping be decide on the right stone, now I''d like your professional opinion on whether I found the right one.

I have two specific concerns. First, should I be concerned about the spot a little left of center? I believe this is 30x magnification. My vendor says it is eyeclean and I trust him. Second, how about the darkness around the center ring, is that a concern?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not an expert, but the pattern looks really off center. Maybe it''s just the picture?

bellerophon

Rough_Rock
I noticed it too, and wondered the same thing. I will talk to my vendor, who has the diamond. Would an off-center cut still qualify as a VG cut from GIA?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2008 1:52:45 PM
Author: bellerophon
I noticed it too, and wondered the same thing. I will talk to my vendor, who has the diamond. Would an off-center cut still qualify as a VG cut from GIA?

I personally don't respect GIA's cut grading very much at all...but where are you getting that? I thought GIA only graded cut on rounds?

bellerophon

Rough_Rock
You know what. That was my word, "cut." Opps. I meant to say symmetry. Would they grade the symmetry as VG is it was off center?

The stone is through WF and I believe they listed this stone as an the ideal or excellant cut. Regardless, I meant symmentry in my last post. Do you trust GIA when it comes to polish and symm?

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with neat... the pattern looks a little wonky but the windmills look pretty good and it''s a pretty color! maybe Karl with check in with you soon. Good luck finding the perfect one!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does the report show other inclusions?
If the one under the table is the grade setter it is guaranteed to be eye visible and even if it is not there is a good chance it is.
The patterns do seem off.
A diamond can have EX sym on a GIA report and have wonky patterns.
They are set by the angles.

Can you get an IS or ASET image?
That will confirm or deny what we are seeing in the picture and tell us more about it.

bellerophon

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of your help. The GIA report shows a small feather on the edge of the top and larger one, also on the edge, on the bottom. Here are the scopes:

AST_GIA_15867984AL.jpeg

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2008 3:19:08 PM
Author: strmrdr
Sorry to threadjack, I was thinking about Strm when I saw this, Strm did you see this (not diamond) over in the colored stone forum?

Roger%20Derry%20aqua%20asschers.jpg

An example of patterns *not* off
1.gif

bellerophon

Rough_Rock
Does the Sarin report help? According to it, the culet is off center 0.6% (W 0.3%, L0.6%); the tabel is off center 0.05 mm.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
ASET looks dark do you have the IS image?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2008 4:02:45 PM
Author: elmo
Date: 12/5/2008 3:19:08 PM

Author: strmrdr

Sorry to threadjack, I was thinking about Strm when I saw this, Strm did you see this (not diamond) over in the colored stone forum?

Roger%20Derry%20aqua%20asschers.jpg

An example of patterns *not* off
1.gif
Not sure if it was those I saw or similar, they are sweet.
The low RI isn''t optimal for the cut but they sure do look pretty :}

bellerophon

Rough_Rock
How am I supposed to interpret the idealscope and aset?

bellerophon

Rough_Rock
Thanks! Once I get it (or another one) set I will post a picture. Any other imput you (or others) may have is greatly appreciated!

Again, Pricescope has been an amazing help throughout this entire process.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results